New spark plug and air filters recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Honda HRX217HXA, I bought it in 2009. I am looking to replace the air filter and spark plug. What should I replace them with? Good ones I am looking for at a good price. Also same thing for a Gravely ZT XL 48 with a Kawasaki FR730V. Air Filter and Spark Plugs too.

NGK on the plug. I wouldn't bother with an iridium plug with carbureted OPE. any filter you can find should be fine.

If I were to go buy a NGK BPR5ES spark plug, will that be just as good as the OEM or is there some specs that I need to make sure of its would be like the OEM?

I use the NGK ones all the time. It's a bit cheaper getting them at the auto parts store, rather than the Honda boxed ones at the dealer. Look for the ones that have "JAPAN" stamped on them. I picked up some on Amazon that were made in Thailand, and had some starting issues.

The no-name Chinese filters do the job, but they're thinner.

The OEM plug is more than likely an NGK. Pull the plug to confirm and take it with you when you go for a replacement.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
The OEM plug is more than likely an NGK. Pull the plug to confirm and take it with you when you go for a replacement.
That would be correct. Both the Honda and Kawasaki recommend NGK plugs. intrestingly enough, as for the Honda filter, the OEM is cheaper than a Wix or K&N replacement. The K & N replacement is like $30 and I don't think its worth it for a 9 year old mower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back