chinese 3125xr8 atv oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i need reg oil or motocycle oil for this thing? its 125cc engine thats all i know and pretty new.
how to keep this thing running good? any mods?
I dont have much money so the chinese 3125 xr8 is what I got. But no info on the machine? its automatic im gueissing cvt trans.
But I dont know the proper oil specs...?

Looks like it doesn't have a wet clutch. So the oil only lubes the engine.

In that case, you can use any 30 or 40 weight. I would use cheap store brand 15W40. Its cheap, and it works.

i think it is cvt trans. but share oil? between oil and trans? I dont know?
either way would t6- 5w-40 work for both?
I have no money,,,and less cents....

It’s not a shared sump with transmission. The centrifugal clutch is located at the end of the CVT assembly, before the final drive, chain drive, and rear axle.

Use any 15W40, 10W40, or 5W40 with API SL or better ACEA A3/B4 oil. Only use W30 oil if climate is below freezing.

Do the first drain early and don’t forget to clean pickup screen. These engines tend to throw a lot of metal flakes on first run.

Last edited:
thank you.
where is pickup screen? and what to change out trans with???
I want the chinese [censored] lube,oil out,, thanks

These are a wet centrifugal clutch drive. Gas-n-go. "Transmission" shares the engine oil. I had one for my kids for a few years, but it was a 110cc model. They come with regular 10w30 and is typically what the manufacturer will recommend, but 15w40 is a better choice. No effect on the clutch.

Last edited:
Chances are there’s some final drive that is in oil, maybe 85W140 EP, 0.1 liter. Send some pics and I’ll tell you what engine it is.

The pickup screen would be in a cover under the engine, openable with a 14mm or 17mm socket.
The oil drain is usually on the left side of the engine, 14mm.

Engine oil capacity is generally less than 1 liter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back