Klotz Uplon, anyone familiar with it?

Anyone know anything about it? I only know the sales pitch on their website

I have several quarts that I bought a while back, I use it for my old 62 Mercury inline six when I fuel it up.

Dont go through much as it gets maybe a couple hunderd miles a year.

cheers3.gif

Be careful running good oil through the Comet, you may double its value. Do the headlights seek the tree line due to the saggy rear springs?
grin2.gif

Haha, its not worth much but I tend to admire things that aren't super common, odd for most 24 year olds possibly. I'm also a fan of the straight six, again something much less common, at least at the car shows Ive been to. Plus 25-30mpg going to a show further away is a bonus, of course power is sacrificed but Ive had an overpowered car and that just makes it too easy to get in trouble.

I did put some air shocks in the back. Not much pressure on them ~20psi to hold it level if a couple adults get the back. Its a great cruiser, and goes down the road pretty smooth

Didn't hear back from Klotz today, hoping they will be in touch. Anywhere I could send some to get tested? I'm very curious of what makes it so special to be so spendy.

Last edited:
The local "pickup truck crowd" diesel station sells it here. No certifications, no information on their website. No thanks. Just another one of the unknown oils that wants you to think it's something special because it is hard to find and somehow "exclusive".

I too am a straight six fan. V 8s are a dime a dozen. I-6s are rare today because they don't fit modern car architecture. Believe it or not the Comet and the Falcon were introduced to counter the VW bug which was taking the US by storm in 1960

It's an excellent additive to a fuel/fuel system that could benefit from some extra 'lubricity' from the fuel. I added 1qt per 55 gallons of E85 (1 qt per drum).

Check it out

Blackstone Comment:
A lot of fuel additives are solvent based, and that type of product has a thin viscosity and low flashpoint (somewhere close to room temp). This sample has a relatively thick viscosity (its higher than a thick oil like 20w/50), and a flashpoint temp thats typical to most engine oils. Phosphorus, sodium, and magnesium are probably additives. The 0.6% insolubles may be additive that has fallen out of suspension. These results seem consistent with the products claims of being a lubricant.

Code:

OIL Virgin Klotz Uplon

KM IN USE

KM

SAMPLE TAKEN 02/19/18

ALUMINUM 0

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 0

COPPER 0

LEAD 2

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 0

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 2

BORON 4

SILICON 0

SODIUM 11

CALCIUM 6

MAGNESIUM 11

PHOSPHORUS 125

ZINC 1

BARIUM 1

INSOLUBLES 0.6

WATER 0

FLASHPOINT ºF 430

SUS VIS 210ºF 110.2

cSt @ 212ºF 22.72

Anyone know anything about it? I only know the sales pitch on their website

I have several quarts that I bought a while back, I use it for my old 62 Mercury inline six when I fuel it up.

Dont go through much as it gets maybe a couple hunderd miles a year.
Im use that kind of lubricant on all my vehicule and (y) i stop using Super unleaded and use only 87 plus a good mix of Uplon thats do the job better .

Back