Installed LED interior lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to treat my Pilot to some goodies: LED interior lights & Lamin-X yellow fog light tint. I got the LEDs off Ebay for $9, so can't comment on longevity. But... they look freakin awesome! The bright white color really makes the inside pop at night. The yellow fog tint also looks great. I actually installed the tint a while back but had to take it off since the wife wasn't impressed. She decided to give it another chance so it's back on.

Here are some quick phone pics:

Too bright may be harder on the eyes. Do they dim properly the way the incandescent did, like when doors are closed and locked?

I like the yellow tint of the driving lights on my w123 cars, but most modern "fog lights" are just for vanity. Hope the tint makes them benefit your driving.

A family friend has always had the brighter-white LED's installed. Can't stand how clinical and harsh it looks. I accidentally ordered bright-white map lights when I ordered lights to replace all of the lights in both of our Subies. We put up with it for all of two days before we couldn't stand it any more (me more than my wife, if I'm being honest).

Brighter WARM-white was the way to go for us. Looks nearly identical to the stock lights, but much brighter and supposedly more efficient and longer-lasting. I can't believe the latter, to be honest, because I don't recall having to replace any stock interior lights, except for a few instrument micro-wedge lights that burned out.

//

I was also tempted to go with red lights for the map lights, since they affect night vision less, but I was worried the red light would look more obnoxious than the hyper-white lights. The warm white isn't perfect, and the brighter light isn't helpful while driving, but it does help A LOT while parked, for interior visibility.

I agree the 6k white is too much for visor lights, but for the rest of the interior, I love them.
My last 4 vehicles I have ordered them off e-bay, some bulbs have lasted, some have not.

I put some 6k bulbs in the map lights on my mothers car, and she asked me if I could put them in the rest she liked them so much.

I like the 2 types of lighting in front. The fogs will be great when raining/snow and the bright white LED headlights (guessing?) are far superior at night with dry conditions. Great combo for visibility! If I decided to install fogs, Id go yellow as well.

What bulbs did you buy for the interior? I ordered some cheap interior LEDs but they don't wrap around so the lighting is less which sucks. I think I would have to go with Phillips or Sylvania led bulbs.

Can you post a link to what you bought on eBay.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Do they dim properly the way the incandescent did, like when doors are closed and locked?

Yep.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
How is the light in your glove box,the one on my Camry are terrible.

I didn't change that one since the stock is bright enough; never really have to use it anyway.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I like the 2 types of lighting in front. The fogs will be great when raining/snow and the bright white LED headlights (guessing?) are far superior at night with dry conditions. Great combo for visibility! If I decided to install fogs, Id go yellow as well.

The headlights are stock halogens. Weird how the picture makes them look like LEDs haha

Originally Posted By: TTK
That is not a 2013 3Honda Pilot.

Then what is it?

Originally Posted By: JC1
What bulbs did you buy for the interior? I ordered some cheap interior LEDs but they don't wrap around so the lighting is less which sucks. I think I would have to go with Phillips or Sylvania led bulbs.

Can you post a link to what you bought on eBay.

Ebay

Last edited:
Where did you get the Lamin-X tint from? Wouldn't mind using that on some fogs that need replacement since the lenses have cracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back