OEM filter Hyundai SFS 12,100 miles - cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was used for two oil changes. Ran with Quaker State Ultimate Durability.

The residue you're seeing is from the dremel disk.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Very nice photos. Thank you for C&p
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: MParr
Nice! Is that the 503 or 504 filter?

504 I believe. The most recent one. I usually go and buy them at my local dealer. Today they did the recall and changed my oil for free, so I asked them to save my filter as I was planning to cut it. They looked at me funny but we're nice enough to save it.

Originally Posted By: MParr
I haven’t gone through the recall test. I’m not so sure I will.

The reason I went is because there were 2 other recalls to get fixed.

With Hyundai’s
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
reputation of late id not be doing any sort of. Extended OCIs . And I’d save those oil and filter receipts .

Extended oil changes for Hyundai/KIA means 7,500 miles for normal conditions. See manual. Of course, the OP has already passed 100,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Driz
With Hyundai’s
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
reputation of late id not be doing any sort of. Extended OCIs . And I’d save those oil and filter receipts .

The filter was used with 2 oil changes, first at 7500, and the second ad 5100. These GDI engines blacken out the oil by 5k miles.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Why the mad face? Looks good to me.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't see anything wrong with the filter. Filter looks fine.

I posted it from the phone and somehow that got in. It was not intentional. I'm fairly happy with it.

Originally Posted By: Matagonka

I posted it from the phone and somehow that got in. It was not intentional. I'm fairly happy with it.

Makes sense. Wasn't sure if i was missing something.. Lol.

The oil is certainly dark from the DI, but that's been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back