New Project Farm video: Amsoil powerfoam and PI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PI and Powerfoam didn't seem to do a whole lot. What would water misted into the intake do for cleaning in comparison.

I once dealt with a generator that was so carbon choked it would not start. I had to clean the combustion chambers out several times because with every cleaning, the engine kept fouling the plugs with new carbon trash.

By the time I was done, I could see a shiny, perfect piston top. Product used? Amsoil Power Foam. Best combustion chamber cleaner I have ever used. Forget spraying it down the intake SeaFoam style.

Fill the cylinder with the foam, let it soak, purge, and do it a few more times. It will scrub it like a champ.

Powerfoam is definitely good stuff. Seemed to work best then just about anything else he tested.

Ive used it myself more as preventative maintenance. I do it before every oil change then I also run a treatment of PI as well after.

I don't know guys, that seemed like ALOT of power foam going thru the engine. Almost seemed like torture to me. Although there was improvement, it didn't seem like enough to really justify all the work / engine suffering / smoking the environment.

What I wonder is how many more applications are needed to really achieve a clean piston top.

These snake oils seem like a bandaid fix to me. If the engine is that far gone, open it up and clean it manually.

Looks like the best bet is to not let an engine get to such a state from the get go and then there's absolutely NO NEED for said products.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Product used? Amsoil Power Foam. Best combustion chamber cleaner I have ever used. Forget spraying it down the intake SeaFoam style. Fill the cylinder with the foam, let it soak, purge, and do it a few more times. It will scrub it like a champ.

Sounds too good to be true

I don't work for Amsoil and don't use a lot of their products, other than gear oil.

I've not used Power Foam in 99% of my engines, and have not used it in 99.999% of engines serviced at my business.

I have no reason in the world to fabricate what I posted.

It turned the carbon into black jello and purging the cylinders by cranking with no plugs spat it out.

Thank you for posting video of the project farm guy on you tube. I found videos informative and he seems like brilliant guy who enjoys learning and sharing information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back