How many got a Harley parked in your garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until recently I had these two. I just sold the last one a while ago when I bought a home. I plan on picking up another soon. I have owned many over the years.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Up until recently I had these two. I just sold the last one a while ago when I bought a home. I plan on picking up another soon. I have owned many over the years.

thumbsup2.gif

Its 70 or so outside, nice and clear.
One way I feel like taking it for a run along the river, but I really need to change the oils and filter.
Then again I got whacked all January with the flu a couple times and just feeling better for a few days now I need to fully recoup so will take it easy at least a few days more - will help wife attend the smoker for smoked salmon tomorrow, then Green Mountain Grill the day after for baby backs while watching the game, then back to work I guess on Monday.
Maybe next week as no rain in the forecast for a week or so as far as I know. But I got to get the fluids and filter change.
Generally our winters are mild and there are plenty of days to ride during the winter. I like it cool out rather than the triple digit summer temps where it feels like I'm on the grill riding it at times.

I have had HD's in my garage, and worked on them...but my gargage at home - never. I'd never have a big block, just totally unsuitable for the roads I ride. But I'd like a Sportster, just stock so I can modify it to my preference, I'm happy with an 883...they were made to compete with the British 650's and give similar performance, so am happy with that. The one Harley I would've bought if i'd been able to was the XR1200 - wow, a Harley built to handle...alloy swingarm, rearsets, USD forks, 6 pot calipers, all the right stuff. Handling honed by 9 times AMA champion Scott Parker...why does HD ignore the one sport where it excells...and why don't buyers want an HD that can really do what a rider wants ?

I had an FLHTCUI about 12 years ago. I have the opportunity to buy it back now. It has some sentimental value too. But I was and am more into performance, so I'm not too sure I want it back..

Originally Posted By: Silk
I have had HD's in my garage, and worked on them...but my gargage at home - never. I'd never have a big block, just totally unsuitable for the roads I ride. But I'd like a Sportster, just stock so I can modify it to my preference, I'm happy with an 883...they were made to compete with the British 650's and give similar performance, so am happy with that. The one Harley I would've bought if i'd been able to was the XR1200 - wow, a Harley built to handle...alloy swingarm, rearsets, USD forks, 6 pot calipers, all the right stuff. Handling honed by 9 times AMA champion Scott Parker...why does HD ignore the one sport where it excells...and why don't buyers want an HD that can really do what a rider wants ?

Well not the XR, but my 2nd bike was a XL1200 and I still have it. Don't ride it much but I like to take it for a spin once in a while mostly in the hills. Leans better than others I had that sparks pipes/pegs on the asphalt. Well I've sparked the XL1200 too
grin.gif
It's not stock anymore.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Never had (wanted) a Harley but I'll be 74 soon and got a couple of fun bikes in the shed.
First bike was a '64 Suzuki T10, then a '65 BSA Lightning rocket, then a 68 Suzuki T500 Titan ......

Like to see those some time Papa Bear. I could ride over with my 1982 450 Nighthawk.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Kickin' it "old school" on a 30 year old Softail..

My daughter LOVES LOVES LOVES to ride!!

i191217211635.jpg

Nice ride,,,always like the Softtail Harley

Originally Posted By: cb450sc
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Never had (wanted) a Harley but I'll be 74 soon and got a couple of fun bikes in the shed.
First bike was a '64 Suzuki T10, then a '65 BSA Lightning rocket, then a 68 Suzuki T500 Titan ......

Like to see those some time Papa Bear. I could ride over with my 1982 450 Nighthawk.

We could meet at Robinson's on a nice sunny day ...
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back