Upgraded my house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited that I found a house I really like and decided to jump on it. I also listed my house with a realtor Saturday and in 6 days I have had about 10 showings and three offers. Today, I accepted an offer for $3,000 over my asking price and that is because the 2nd and 3rd offers went into a slight bidding war. I am happy to move out of a duplex that is attached to some unwanted neighbors and into a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, ranch with basement. The best part about this new house is the three car garage that is 25 foot deep!

New house listing is off market because everything is in the works for this place to be mine.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6314-W-136th-Ave-Cedar-Lake-IN-46303/73378196_zpid/

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Very nice! You would pay another $500k for that house in my neighborhood.

Same or more in mine! It went crazy up here a few years ago now (settled now somewhat) where houses that were normally selling for around the OP's amount, tripled and then some.
eek.gif

It was great for current owners, obviously, but sucked for those just entering the market. I have heard of average, or middle income families having 7,8, to one million dollar mortgages.

Interest rates just went up another .25% as well so I am sure it will soon, if it hasn't already, turned into a sellers market here pretty quickly.

Thank you guys! I hope that I am making the right moves. I sold my duplex for for $23K more then I paid 5 years ago and have not really put any money into this place.

And an extra $10-15k/yr in taxes.

Great deal. Such a difference in home prices region to region. In my area that would easily be a $500-750k house. If in Seattle itself then seven figures.

A big garage is great. I used to have a 24x30 two car garage. I wish I still had that space but times change.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

And an extra $10-15k/yr in taxes.

Here too
cry.gif

Beautiful house.

You've created a serious problem. You must now fill that extra garage space. Tell us, what will it be? A pickup? An SUV? Some motorcycles and a trailer? So many choices. You'd better claim it quickly because if you have a wife and she gets wind of all that storage space she'll be going shopping and shifting all the old stuff to make room for the new stuff.

And, if you're escaping from some noisy neighbors you have to create all your own annoying noise.

Congrats! I've told myself I'll never live in a place without atleast a 2 car garage after living in our current place. You're gonna love it, no more frost, dew, snow, etc. in the morning. And OneEyeJack is right, you'll start accumulating more stuff now! My garage was bare bones when I moved in, now I don't think I have any extra space now.

The same is true for many parts of L.I. it makes me wonder.

Nice house OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back