Mann HU 719/5x cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

No surprises here. The cage broke before coming unglued and the media tore before the seam would separate. Filter was in service for ~4k miles with Castrol 0W-40.

In went Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0W-40 and a K&N PS-7011 cartridge. We'll see how they do.

Edited to say: the media measured 265in²

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GON
OP- why are you switching from Mann to K&N?

Not really a switch. K&N was available locally for $7. Looked nice and made in Korea so I figured I'd see how it goes on a relatively short change.

Though it might be an omen. Last time I used a K&N cartridge I sold the car a month later... lol

In 5k miles (175k) it's getting a big service and I'm installing the LN spin-on adapter so I can run 3506/3675 canisters.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Huge amount of media area.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Indeed! My service manual dictates an oil service every 15k... With an oil filter every 30k. Same interval as the spark plugs.
21.gif

I'm sticking to 5k oil+filter, though I could probably run the filter for 2 or 3 changes.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Indeed! My service manual dictates an oil service every 15k... With an oil filter every 30k. Same interval as the spark plugs.
21.gif

I'm sticking to 5k oil+filter, though I could probably run the filter for 2 or 3 changes.

Don't let BOF read that red part !!
lol.gif

No wonder the media area is so large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back