Amsoil OE 0W20 & Magnatec 0W20 Q?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually just FRANKENBREW my oil without asking Q?'s on the forum about it. This time I am just curious to get your opinions.
My truck is coming up on an OCI. I have yet to decide on which weight of Magnatec I want to use this time. I have used 5W30 the last 2 OCI's. My cousin gave me a qt. of Amsoil OE 0W20 oil and I want to use it as my 6th qt. in my engine, along with the 5 qts. of Magnatec. Wal-Mart sells the 0W20 for an additional $2.00 over their 5W20 & 5W30 5 qt. prices ($19.88 VS $17.88). Is the 0W20 worth the additional $2.00? The 0W20 must have an additive package that is better than the 5W20 & 5W30. Does it? Thank You.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
I agree on no benefit from 0w20. I would just dump the amsoil in with 5 quarts of 5w.

+1 Just consider it top-up oil and add it as the last qt
laugh.gif

Thank You gentlemen, for your replies. That's exactly my thinking as well; use the Amsoil as the 6th qt.
I read the numbers on the 5W20 VS 5W30. I liked the 5W20 numbers better, so that's going into my engine this time, probably from now on. Until I want to use a different name brand.
grin.gif

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

What is motor oil ? It is a blend of different base stocks and additives to meet a requirement. Look at the uoas and voas they pretty much have the same additives and base stock blends.APPLICATIONS
Use AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor Oil in applications that require any of the following specifications:
COPY and PASTE
5W-30 (OEF)

API SN (Resource Conserving), SM...; GM dexos1 Gen 2 (supersedes LL-A-025, 6094M and 4718M); ACEA A1/B1,A5/B5; Chrysler MS-6395; Ford WSS-M2C946-A, WSS-M2C929-A; ILSAC GF-5, GF-4...
COMPATIBILITY

AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor Oil is compatible with other synthetic and conventional motor oils. Adding other oils, however, will shorten the life expectancy of AMSOIL motor oils and reduce their performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed.

Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor oil

Cajunland, where it rarely if ever gets below freezing, 0w anything won't make a bit of difference. Agree with above, save your $$, get the 5 quarts of 5w20 and add in the quart of Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I usually just FRANKENBREW my oil without asking Q?'s on the forum about it. This time I am just curious to get your opinions.

...and curious what changed this time?

Most likely same additive package but the base oil blend is more expensive for 0w20, or 0w20 has higher demand, so they charge more.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Most likely .... the base oil blend is more expensive for 0w20,

This ^^^

Originally Posted By: JLTD
Cajunland, where it rarely if ever gets below freezing, 0w anything won't make a bit of difference. Agree with above, save your $$, get the 5 quarts of 5w20 and add in the quart of Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

...and curious what changed this time?

Well, being that it's Amsoil, and I have never used an 0W20 before, so......
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back