M1's And 1911's

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.guns.com/2018/01/31/cmp-99000-garands-are-back-from-overseas-update-on-1911s/

Anyone have ANY clue, idea, how much the M1's are going to be priced at? I'm thinking $1K-$1500. And, I'm really guesstamating at those numbers. We don't even know what kind of condition they are in.
For a $2 a year storage fee on the 1911's, they can store as many as they want in my living room.
grin.gif

Go visit the CMP website. They'll be unpacked, inspected, graded, and sold. CMP Field grades are going for about $700. Special grades about $1,000

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Go visit the CMP website. They'll be unpacked, inspected, graded, and sold. CMP Field grades are going for about $700. Special grades about $1,000

Why I didn't go there and look is beyond me. My vacation made me lazy. Astro, can you GOOGLE...........
grin.gif

I have a Springfield service grade that I bought back when the supply was plentiful. I think it was $595 and delivered direct to my house.

Hoping we can keep the CMP supplied with guns for years to come.

I was made aware before the shipments were sent. They price for around 700-1500 typically. Some very rare can go for 4K+.

Expect the service grades to be 700+.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
I think I paid $ 400 for my Danish CMP M1 Garand .

Times are a changing .

DANG the luck!

I should have added , that was several years ago . Sorry . :-(

It has a Springfield receiver , Danish stock . Can not remember about the barrel . If it is Danish or USGI .

The Mi Garand has excellent peep sights . If your eyesight is good enough . If you need a scope , maybe choose something else . Unless you are purchasing it for the historic value .

Every shooter really should have one . The CMP is one of the best sources .

Caution , a Garand was designed to shoot ammo similar to the USGI .30-06 Ball ammo of the time perion . This means a bullet not over 180 grains and powder similar in burn rate to 4895 .

Not necessarily just anything on the shelf down at Walmart .

The CMP used to sell ammo . I suppose it still does ?

The Garand is a powerful , reliable rifle . Accurate enough for most people shooting iron sights . And , as I said , a piece of history .

I paid $160 for my DCM Garand and as far as ammo goes reloading the 30-06 is simple. As much fun as shooting the Garand, maybe even better is just holding it, feeling it and looking at it, they are special. Off topic but the 1903s are just as nice to have so are the 1911s. Oldguns are the best !!

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
I think I paid $ 400 for my Danish CMP M1 Garand .

Times are a changing .

Paid 350 for my Dane second hand 10 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back