Whats Best Oil to Prevent LSPI issue & Preignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jgscott
I know there is so much incorrect un-scientific info on the web, but some vids I saw tearing apart the Fram Ultra Sys Filter, vs the Wix sys Filter said the Wix was much better. But then there is also the flow rate question. IDK?
The Wix is built pretty good, but it doesn't have the 2-ply synthetic media and tough wire-backing for integrity the Fram Ultra has. The Wix (aka NAPA Gold) is OK to get, no doubt, but it also doesn't have the filtering ability the Fram Ultra has. Flow rate is not a problem. In fact, the Ultra can hold more gunk than a Wix and still keep flowing.

Wix makes a better filter as well, the XP with synthetic media + metal screening.

It's been my understanding that oil getting into the combustion chamber dilutes the charge and increasing the risk of pre ignition and or detonation..
So is this low speed high boost pre igntion on turbo engines a result of oil getting bast the rings ?

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
Not sales pitching and i am sure to be flamed out but, Amsoil's new formulations are 100% effective against LSPI and will handle the turbo without issue.
49.gif

I read that recently also.

Originally Posted By: jgscott
So now.... which is consider better?
Do you mean better oil filter? Fram Ultra definitely is best. 2-ply media, best filtering 4548-12 specs, silicone ADBV, wire-backing on media, well built. No other filter has all that together. Some people are brand loyal (fanboys). Just go with the best product and forget what label is inked on the box, don't be emotional about this as some are.

Or do you mean which oil is better? There is no clear evidence that any of the many dexos1 Gen2 oil choices out there are better for LSPI. Any brand will do in your vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back