Would you buy this oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. I would have to see someone like Mola chime in. If they had some PQI reviews that would help. Kinda reminds me of a Amsoil-ish webpage display without the PC sales. I would need to see price point and it would have to be on a low sodium ppm too. Sopus has swagged me a lot of merchandise and oil to leave. Neat to see a new oil. I just found Molygreen oil from Japan earlier.

Sure, if I had literally no other mainstream choice.
smile.gif

This oil has been available at the local parts store for more than a year. Price is dirt cheap for Canada. $11 for 5 litres of syn blend and $20 for 5 litres of their synthetic. The synthetic is Dexos 2nd gen licensed. The syn blend is in my car now and my son has the synthetic in his car. So far so good. If it meets spec, why not.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
This oil has been available at the local parts store for more than a year. Price is dirt cheap for Canada. $11 for 5 litres of syn blend and $20 for 5 litres of their synthetic. The synthetic is Dexos 2nd gen licensed. The syn blend is in my car now and my son has the synthetic in his car. So far so good. If it meets spec, why not.

Seems like a great value. Which parts store do you find it at?

Oh shoot, I was just at the one in the White Shield Plaza 2 weeks ago. Vaguely remember a house brand oil with a unique bottle (maybe the Everest). Next time I'll check it out in detail. Thanks

You have done very well WobblyElvis. That looks to be a good deal for that oil. I'd run it everyday and twice on Sunday.

One thing that seriously annoys me... Is how much my friends up in Canada have to pay for motor oil.. just stupid I think. I mean if y'all were like super far away by say 3-4k miles I could maybe see it being so much higher due to long distance shipping. But seriously the vast majority of people in Canada live reasonably close to the US border. Don't know. That's just strange how high the prices can be up your way.

Good find.Found for 3.46 a qt in 0w20 or 0w30. Pour point is -50 with Noacks are 9's in many flavours. 5qts....18.XX
banana2.gif
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

I would run this 7500 mi.

Until the PQIA tests these oils I don't think we can really say anything about this oil other than it meets the few specs listed on the bottle. GF-5 SN and Dexos 2nd gen. Their marketing/advertising uses words like "typical" and "comparable to" when talking about specifications.

The price is right and it can't be junk if it meets the Dexos spec.

Somebody was asking about A5/B5 5W30s in the US and I thought we had found one, but then I read carefully...
"...Everest Full Synthetic 5W-30 has been field tested to be comparable to most American, Asian and European manufacturers’ standards including ACEA A1/B1 & A5/B5...".
I hate it when they use slippery wording like that!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis

If this is the price and it's available at a major chain, why not? I'd use it

Dang I have make a correction. The Dexos synthetic is $22.95. Non Dexos synthetic $20 and syn blend still $11 for 5 litres. Still good prices for Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back