Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20, 4370 miles, '16 Fiesta ST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very low metal wear rates for a break-in engine with strong residual TBN/KV @100*C.
OCI could be extended to 7500 or beyond.

Originally Posted By: zeng
Very low metal wear rates for a break-in engine with strong residual TBN/KV @100*C.

Did 3 oil changes within the first 5k miles when I first got it. Might have been excessive, but I'm sure it helped with the low wear numbers.

Concur with you. It probably helps , numerically.
Instead of 4 ppm Fe today , you could be at 8-10 ppm at similar OCI .... which is still more than adequate.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Monitor that Aluminum on you next OCI.

It will be interesting to see what the next one will show because I'm driving it harder.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Monitor that Aluminum on you next OCI.

Less then 3ppm per 1K miles. Talk about being nic picky.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: zeng

Did 3 oil changes within the first 5k miles when I first got it. Might have been excessive, but I'm sure it helped with the low wear numbers.

Nice flush procedure. That definitely helped flush out the break in metals leaving you a perfect starting point wear wise.

01.gif

Is this a EB engine or just a DI engine without the turbo? I'm posting 2.3 EB UOA shortly with similar miles but using Motorcraft 5W-30 blend. Ironically our iron and aluminum numbers are just about reversed.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Is this a EB engine or just a DI engine without the turbo? I'm posting 2.3 EB UOA shortly with similar miles but using Motorcraft 5W-30 blend. Ironically our iron and aluminum numbers are just about reversed.

Whimsey

1.6 L Ecoboost

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: Whimsey

Whimsey

1.6 L Ecoboost

Impressive for an an EB engine!

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back