Thoughts on Mobil 0W-20 vs. Pennzoil Platinum 0W-

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 Toyota Sienna = 1 year or 10,000 miles OCI.

Been using Mobil 0W-20 AFE and was thinking about trying Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 (due to rebates). Is the Pennzoil on par with Mobil?

I'd go with the cheaper one, since there is no reliable data on which one will help me reach 200,000 miles. Every time we see any data presented others will detract from it and say it doesn't represent real life conditions. They are both good. Go with the deals.

SF

If someone didn't tell you it now has PP in it you or the engine wont notice the difference. The mind on the other hand plays strange games though, you may or may not hear noises that were never there before, all sorts of stuff, you may get little visitors that only speak to you.

Thanks guys. The tech sheet didn't show toyota spec. I believe Mobil does. Will try then. Appreciate it.

I use them all in my Camry and Valvoline Synthetic. It's only oil.

California the extra cold temp performance the M1 0w-20 might bring to the table is irrelevant, run whichever you can get a better deal on.

Get the Pennzoil Platinum

- My vehicle is older ('07 tC) and the Toyota 2AZ-FE is a lot smoother and quieter on PP oil. (I used to exclusively use Mobil 1 and the car has used it for 75% of its life since bought new)
- It's cheaper than Mobil 1 majority of the time.
- For a car that probably going to be just a daily driver then go for the cheaper of the two. (Other cheaper brands to consider as well)

Get the M1 0w20. Tig1's proof is enough for me
smile.gif

I'm not buying into PP "natural gas tech". M1 good enough for OVERKILL and Tig1 that's proof enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again to all. Always appreciate the diverse level of advice and input on here. Take care all.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Really !!! Oil is oil.

Not really. Used Q State in my 02 Altima SE and thought it sounded on the noisy side like the oil was light. Switched to pennzoil and it was quiet. FWIW

Originally Posted By: shokhead
Really !!! Oil is oil.

Not really. Used Q State in my 02 Altima SE and thought it sounded on the noisy side like the oil was light. Switched to pennzoil and it was quiet. FWIW

That's comical, given they are both produced by the same company.

Originally Posted By: shokhead
Really !!! Oil is oil.

OVERKILL is right; that's the dumbest comment you ever posted!!! SMH

Really !!! Oil is oil.

With over 10,000 posts I thought you could come up with something better than this
33.gif

Funny, with all the learning to be had on this board, Brand fanaticism still rules.

To the op, your engine cannot tell the difference between brands. Run the one you prefer or whatever is cheaper as long as it meets specs for your car.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Really !!! Oil is oil.

With over 10,000 posts I thought you could come up with something better than this
33.gif

Explain why? Prove to me that M1 is better or worse that pennzoil, Amsoil Castrol etc. I will be waiting . Facts please Marketing claims won't impress me.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Really !!! Oil is oil.

33.gif

Explain why? Prove to me that M1 is better or worse that pennzoil, Amsoil Castrol etc. I will be waiting . Facts please Marketing claims won't impress me.

My point is, this is a motor oil discussion forum. If you feel all oils are the same, then why are you even here and why have you made so many posts? You know this site is all about the discussion of all things oil, so if you're just going to say oil is oil, then that's not helping anyone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back