emotional support gone amok

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/01/30...ted-flight.html

MY OPINION (and nothing more) is that this is yet another example of our culture's manifestation of "no harm/no fowl" running wild (pun intended!).

I have no problem whatsoever with true "service animals" such as well-trained dogs from a certified facility, assisting the blind. That makes total sense to me. The laws were first put into place so that people with real needs could utilize an animal that truly improved their ambulatory mobility. "Seeing eye dog" was the term back in the day.

But a "emotional support peacock"? That's just hogwash. (another pun intended, as people have tried to get pigs on flights as well).

I totally agree....but I'm sure there will be others on here, akin to the kid [censored] in a spin class, that will want to fight you over this.

The whole animal support thing is a joke! Yeah I have had animals all my life. Boo hoo I can't take my doggie with me.

Originally Posted By: Trav
+1 on that, its hogwash and she is a friggin lunatic.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I think a journalist lady managed to get a TURKEY (Yes, you read it right) both in some restaurants and in a flight just to see it's possible.

If an animal gets in the same place i'm eating, I'm not coming back. EVER!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
I guess my emotional support horse is out of the question. +1 dnewton3

I think by ADA law, dogs and small/miniature horses are the support animals for blind and people who need it.

ESA (Emotional Support Animal) is a whole.... money making for some prescribing internet outfits...

I'm a tolerant person for the most part but the animals on a plane trend is beginning to get out of hand.

When this becomes the flight crew, I'm out:

It is also a BIG problem in the landlord community:

People with ESA are using the regular ADA law and scare to force their way into ESA unauthorized pets/damages/rent.

Combined with some cities making it very hard to conduct business in the affordable level, they just shoot themselfs in the foot since everybody would just sold out to big outfits or move to higher income levels/luxury market....

Unfortunately I know firsthand of a person who has no issues whatsoever, but had their pocket dog classified as a "service animal" to enable flying with it.

That angers me.

The thing I'm waiting to see is what happens when someone highly allergic to animal ____ has to sit next to someone who is bringing it on board. Ive been on flights where due to a person having a peanut allergy, they weren't allowed to offer peanuts to anyone. Perhaps animal allergies aren't as bad, but then what? Who gets to not fly?

I'm sure nobody here is guilty but remember that these people were raised by one or two other people.

Those who created the special snowflake generation will regret it if they aren't already.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I'm sure nobody here is guilty but remember that these people were raised by one or two other people.

Those who created the special snowflake generation will regret it if they aren't already.

The sad part is that those people are more likely to be extremely proud that their progeny takes these sort of stands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back