Seems the new M17 isn't doing so hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rut roh raggy!
frown.gif

Sig has just grown to darn fast for their own good. I think the new P365 is the bomb.com in idea but no way am I buying one till all the beta testers give it a good work out first.

Sigs aren't what they used to be since the CEO that ruined Kimber and moved to Sig.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Why didn't they go with a proven model like the P220 or the P226 ?

Because they are not modular in nature (allowing the guns to be ergonomically adapted for different shooters). Beretta tried to keep the contract with the M9A3 and the military rejected it for the same reason.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

Because they are not modular in nature (allowing the guns to be ergonomically adapted for different shooters).
!

Blimey!'"ergonomically adapted for different shooters", eh? Pretty fancy talk applied to squaddies.

When I was in the (British, so lower budget) army, it was difficult to get an issue sleeping bag ergonomically adapted to me becase the issue scales were probably still based on undernourished wee Malkies driven out of the Gorbals by 1930's unemployment. You got the one, and the gun, you were given.

Tell that to kids today, and they'll not believe you.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Sigs aren't what they used to be since the CEO that ruined Kimber and moved to Sig.

True. While the materials are still good, the finished product seems to have less consistency in terms of reliability. I should have picked up the old P225 German trade in guns when they were cheap and plentiful.

Originally Posted By: Ducked

Because they are not modular in nature (allowing the guns to be ergonomically adapted for different shooters).
!

Blimey!'"ergonomically adapted for different shooters", eh? Pretty fancy talk applied to squaddies.

When I was in the (British, so lower budget) army, it was difficult to get an issue sleeping bag ergonomically adapted to me becase the issue scales were probably still based on undernourished wee Malkies driven out of the Gorbals by 1930's unemployment. You got the one, and the gun, you were given.

I have heard similar stories of "making do" from friends that served in the Canadian forces in the early 2000's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Hope the kick back was good for Sig. I bet the cost per gun is ridiculous too.

Believe they were like $200 each or something surprisingly low...

This!
thumbsup2.gif

There is no excuse for this who where the mindless unskilled people that tested this gun before the buy off?

Originally Posted By: Ducked

!

You were issued a sleeping bag? I guess the British Army has to have some sense of comfort and civility. Cheerio!!

Or a Glock 17. Why select an unproven gun? Now look at the mess they're in.

Well, apparently, there is only one pistol caliber, the 9mm.
They are remaking "Dirty Harry". Harry will be toting a Ruger LC9s and uttering the famous line, "This is the world's most powerful handgun. It will blow your head clean off!".

15.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8

True. While the materials are still good, the finished product seems to have less consistency in terms of reliability. I should have picked up the old P225 German trade in guns when they were cheap and plentiful.

One on my friends has a couple and they are choice to say the least. Probably the nicest pistols I have ever handled. This said by a 1911 lover and that is because I like the 1911s trigger feel .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back