Carquest Synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK it is made by Ashland, not sure if it's exactly the same as Valvoline but it's probably very close (like Napa Synthetic).

Harvest King at Rural King is $9.99/5qts, made by Citgo now (full syn), and carries Dexos approvals. VOAs nothing spectacular, but if you're looking for value it's really, really tough to beat.

I’ve used it, and it’s good. They even have it in 0W-40 and 5W-40, and even 0W-16.

Last edited:
It's not a bad price if you need oil RIGHT NOW!
However, it'd be a better price if it had an oil filter in the deal.

Walmart has their own SuperTech Full Syn and/or Castrol Magnatec Full Syn for similar or lower cost than $20/5qt jug. Or, for not much more money at W*M($22-$24-5qt jug), you could step up to something along the lines of Quaker State or Pennzoil full syn.

But, as stated, if the oil in staring you in the face and you practically have your hand on the jug, needing oil RIGHT NOW, then grab it. You could easily pay more for a 5qt jug of regular/conventional motor oil somewhere else. Have you seen AutoZone or PepBoys everyday oil prices? Holy Cow!

Last edited:
Char Baby said, "Have you seen AutoZone or PepBoys everyday oil prices? Holy Cow!"

How true. PepBoys sends me the occasional mailer with a $5 cash coupon, a discount for service and one for an oil change special.
I look for something in that store I want for $5 less then give the whole thing to an employee. PB is really a toy store.
....though I did score an AXLE for my VOLVO (no less) someone had ordered and failed to pick-up.

I too have had some great scores in PB's especially on Black Friday or other table/shelf discounts. However on BF, it's a fight gettin' into the parking lot at that early time to beat the rush/traffic...For-ged aboud id!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back