National Dealer Services Calls? Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a 2013 lease car, no longer have it. Well an extended warranty company keeps calling my cell phone trying to get me to buy an extended warranty.

I have explained to them I no longer have the car, I have played thru to the end when they wanted credit card info, (Only 3500 for the best warranty!), I have been nice, rude and Ive been downright nasty. I have told them I was dead, in jail, deported ect...

I have told them to quit calling, used their automated system to put me on the do not call list, everything. They often call 3 times a day, for months. I have blocked some of their numbers, but now I just let them call to see how many times I can talk to the same person. I have so far once, its a big operation I believe.

So now every time they call I waste their time somehow.

Do they not realize that its a waste of their time? I feel bad for the initial person they put on the phone because its obvious they are peons, doing a [censored] job. But Once they transfer you its to a shark, some are tough on the phone.... I like screwing with them.

It helps me build negotiating skills as well as dealing with intimidating people, at least over the phone. I figure it may help me in future interviews, or car buying.

Now I can handle myself with intimidating people, just not in a socially acceptable manner...lol But anyway I find it interesting.

Anyone know the story on this company? They call out of Texas usually, they have spoofed Indiana numbers, Illinois numbers and a few random states. I believe its all the same company.

Got two from them yesterday, must be trying to hit an end of month quota. Loaded up my answering machine. My machine is as far as they will get. If I pick up, I hang up.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I’m guessing this is on a landline phone, otherwise you could block the number.

Its on a cell phone. I have blocked a few of the numbers they call from, but there are numerous and I haven't blocked the most recent ones because I find it interesting.

I got a few of those warranty scams calls back in Sept October time frame , but only on the land line. I block them... they are scammers and crooks and change names numbers and address constantly to stay ahead of the law. I still at times depending on my mood mess with them. Personally I find the "card services" and fake microsoft computer scammers to be the most annoying, but a few hours ago I got a call from the fake IRS d bags threatening to send me to jail. I laughed at him and told him that everyone know that they are scammers and everyone just laughs at them. I told him to google IRS scammer and watch the hundreds of you tube videos of scammers like him being punked.I told him that these phone scams like his are a laughing stock. I think he tried to cuss me out in India language. LOL!! Sometimes it is fun to mess with them for some cheap entertainment but overall it is best to block the idiots. We can mess with them and they just hang up and go to the next # that the auto dialer dials up.

On my cell phone (iPhone), I only answer those calls that are in my contacts. Everyone else gets voicemail and if it’s real important they will leave a message. Most of these robo calls now hang up on getting automated messages.

Yes it can be a nuisance. I agree.

Telling the guy/gal to quit calling and put me on your do not call list works with very few telemarketers. Telling the telemarketer to F off, play him.. is only wasting your time. Telemarketers are like drug dealers and don't care that they are breaking laws because there are drug addicts, or I'm sorry, suckers they find to get money from. It's the small minority of people giving into these jerks is why they continue to bother everyone else.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Telling the guy/gal to quit calling and put me on your do not call list works with very few telemarketers. Telling the telemarketer to F off, play him.. is only wasting your time. Telemarketers are like drug dealers and don't care that they are breaking laws because there are drug addicts, or I'm sorry, suckers they find to get money from. It's the small minority of people giving into these jerks is why they continue to bother everyone else.

Part of their pay is commission based so it does affect how much they can earn. I just hang up on them, I don't really get that many of them.

all these are a are a numbers game. if you call a million people you will get a small percentage of takers . some stats say its about 2% . 2% of a million is 20k.

they don't care if they called you a hundred times. my android phone will block that number. Also i don't answer numbers i don't recognize. when someone picks up the phone and answers they now know its a live line and mark it as such.

Their phone system knows you've been on the line for 3+ minutes. That, to them, makes you look like you're indecisive, maybe going to bite, and might just be ready for another call.

They don't particularly care about what vocabulary you used until then.

Break the mold.

They spoof their number to the same area code and exchange, so only the last 4 digits are different than your number. Depending on my mood, I just don't answer or answer and hang up immediately. Blocking is useless
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
They spoof their number to the same area code and exchange, so only the last 4 digits are different than your number. Depending on my mood, I just don't answer or answer and hang up immediately. Blocking is useless
frown.gif

This..

one day I actually had a call from my own number... I had to do a double-take on that one.

So for example if your number is 330-753-1111
they spoof to a random 330-753-xxxx number. before the holidays 3-5x a day... has slowed down to about once a day average now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back