Fitness Accomplishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started walking, then jogging/running about 3 years ago, but if someone had told me back then that I would do this, I would have not taken them seriously and would have likely laughed--simply due to my physical size.

Put one foot in front of the other and yes, you can do it. I post this not to pat myself on the back, but to show and inspire others that anything is possible!

rjwIhD.jpg

Congrats!

I started walking last Summer, but now that it's 10F outside and snow on the ground, I'm less inclined to do it, but I really should.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What do you mean by your 'physical size'? Its good that you are exercising.
I am -180 pounds from then until now and counting with about 20 to go to reach my desired goal.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I am -180 pounds from then until now and counting with about 20 to go to reach my desired goal.

And I bet you feel like a different person. I went from 230 to 190, and have never felt better.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Congrats!

I started walking last Summer, but now that it's 10F outside and snow on the ground, I'm less inclined to do it, but I really should.
I am with you there brother! A few years back it could not be cold enough and now anything less than 50 or so is too cold. I usually do 10 kilometers per day and once I am 2K in, I am warmed up enough to endure it.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
And I bet you feel like a different person. I went from 230 to 190, and have never felt better.
Totally, I do not recognize the old "me".

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Awesome!
I've heard of the couch to 5K transformation. Something others here might wanna look into?
http://www.c25k.com

I did that two years ago over the course of a summer. I wholeheartedly recommend. It is extremely easy to get started. Later in that summer I ran a 5k with my daughters riding their bicycles with me.

WOW! You lost more that I weigh, that is freaking awesome!! Maximum respect to you sir. Well done.

Great job!

It’s easy for men to loose weight. I lost 8 lbs sitting at home doing nothing after my shoulder surgery. Just by lowering your daily calories makes a huge difference. I went from 215 to 180 that’s only working out twice a week.

Originally Posted By: kpatter
What is your diet?
For 2015, 2016, and 2017, it was no fried foods, no fast foods, minimal desserts, and lean proteins.

For 2018, that continues, except I am now a pescatarian--no beef, pork, or poultry and no, I do not miss it. I gave it up the day after Christmas and after 30+ days, I find it is no big deal to not eat meat.

I post this not to pat myself on the back. . .

Aw, go ahead, you've earned it! Great job!

Since having a brain f@rt (global temporal amnesia--lasts less than day, no physical trace, might be mini stroke, backed up venous blood, or a seizure--if they could tell it wouldn't be GTA) in September 2014, I've only missed one day exercise. That was when I checked into a hotel at 11 pm and found out they had closed their exercise room. Not a lot, twenty to forty-five minutes daily, weights and treadmill. Also averaging 1636 net calories daily-- know because I have a diet app on my phone.

Nice work. I lost a few pounds for my wedding and have kept it off since. Amazing how the body doesn't miss junk when you tune it up and run on premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back