Toro 3650 Snowblower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a GREAT deal as long as it has good compression

(running straight gas in a 2-stroke engine will kill it)

$115 asking seems like a really good deal, which throws a flag up for me and makes me think something is up? But, maybe because I am in Canada, I am not use to seeing these types of prices? Is this the norm or this an exceptionally good deal for you guys stateside as well?

Aside from all that, if it runs good and everything is legit, then I say grab it up. You may just get it for $100 even?

Just remember if it starts hard or runs funny like many do CLEAN THE CARB. That’s the big thing theses days. People run. Ethanol gas bad the carbs just start to slowly crud up. Often as not a new cheap one off Fleabay is 😧 $15/or less. Toss on and go
There’s a lot of nice late model stuff out there for a song that’s easily cured like that. Above all KEEP THE BOOZEGAS out of it and anything else small engine. Even if you have to get cans filled at the airport it’s worth it..

Originally Posted By: irv
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Any idea how old it is?

This vid is from 2009 so it's at least that old.

Sorry, I meant to say these snow blowers have been around since at least 2009, I didn't mean to imply yours in your ad was an 09, it could be much newer, or maybe even older?

I seen one the other day for $60 and the owner said it was 7 years old. The new single stage blowers are 721's and 518's.

I seen one the other day for $60 and the owner said it was 7 years old. The new single stage blowers are 721's and 518's.

Wow! What do new ones go for stateside? I paid, about 3 yrs ago, $850 on sale, for this one. I believe the regular price was close to a $1000? You guys get some wicked deals compared to us!

These older Toro were the best single stage, today it's Toro and Honda. The Toro uses a ribbed auger belt, has a very strong Suzuki engine.

However $115 for a good running machine is a top price because of the age. It is a fair price to the buyer and seller. If you look on Craigslist, there are a ton of single stage machines, no one wants them, they are cheaper but they are MTD machines, not the better Toro.

Not bad price, brother had the exact same one and got $200 for his used when he sold it to upgrade. Ran great, he just needed a larger one due to drifts his driveway gets were too much for it.

Wow! What do new ones go for stateside? I paid, about 3 yrs ago, $850 on sale, for this one. I believe the regular price was close to a $1000? You guys get some wicked deals compared to us!

You got skinned Irv. I bought a Toro 221QRE, with electric start from Home Depot for $550.00 brand new in 2011. Local "Toro" dealer had the same machine priced double at $1100.00. Pays to shop around.

Regarding the machine in question, if the engine is healthy and everything works, that's a fantastic price. Jump on it.

Originally Posted By: boraticus

You got skinned Irv. I bought a Toro 221QRE, with electric start from Home Depot for $550.00 brand new in 2011. Local "Toro" dealer had the same machine priced double at $1100.00. Pays to shop around.

Regarding the machine in question, if the engine is healthy and everything works, that's a fantastic price. Jump on it.

That is nothing special for that model, boraticus, and keep in mind, your snow blower was built to Home Depot specs, not Toro's.

I purchased the Toro 721 QZE 4 stroke, for that money. By the looks of things, it looks like I still did pretty good, especially since I purchased mine at an actual Toro dealer.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.power...1000811641.html

I am sure better deals might have been had if I had of waited until the spring, but I did not see or hear of any?

I lucked out with a better deal... my in laws were moving into a place where they did not have to shovel snow any more. I painted a room for them and they gave me their one year old Toro 210R. It is the two stroke model where I have to mix the oil and gas but it will throw all of the snow that we get here in Southern Ontario.

That is nothing special for that model, boraticus, and keep in mind, your snow blower was built to Home Depot specs, not Toro's.

I purchased the Toro 721 QZE 4 stroke, for that money. By the looks of things, it looks like I still did pretty good, especially since I purchased mine at an actual Toro dealer.

I am sure better deals might have been had if I had of waited until the spring, but I did not see or hear of any?

"Home Depot specs"? Surely you jest. Everything was exactly the same as the dealer model other than the price. Don't drink too much of that dealer koolaid.

By the way, I gave the machine to a disadvantaged family when I moved into the condo. They're still using it and it's running just fine with no problems encountered in seven years of hard service. Seems "Home Depot spec" are pretty good!

"Home Depot specs"? Surely you jest. Everything was exactly the same as the dealer model other than the price. Don't drink too much of that dealer koolaid.

By the way, I gave the machine to a disadvantaged family when I moved into the condo. They're still using it and it's running just fine with no problems encountered in seven years of hard service. Seems "Home Depot spec" are pretty good!

You do realize that all it takes is for one serial number/letter to be different from an identical looking snowblower/lawnmower, or whatever to be different? Did you check those when you were buying your Home Depot "Toro" snow blower?
https://sawmillcreek.org/archive/index.php/t-183956.html

All that aside, your snow blower, that you paid $550 for, is not the same as mine. I see how you conveniently left part out in your last post.
coffee2.gif

That was a great gesture, btw, and I'm glad to read it is still running great for them.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back