2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
It’s for my grandfather, he won’t be driving it (not a good driver anymore) but we wanted a newer car that is easy for him to get in and out of, and is 4x4 for off-road desert driving, so it will definitely see lots of action off-road. Also want to take him on some long road trips.

It’s the Limited model, so lots and lots of bells and whistles. Heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, navigation, panoramic sunroof, etc. Very happy with it, it drives really nice and is in pretty good shape. 102k miles, 1 owner car, was originally bought summer of ‘13 so the miles aren’t too bad. Got it for $18.2k, was the best priced ‘13 and newer 4x4 Grand Cherokee in all of Phoenix (over 400 of them) and it just so happened to be fully loaded.

There isn’t really any other options in this price range for 4x4 capable easy to get in and out of vehicles. This is perfect.

Here’s some dealer ad pics.

Best interior color ever for Arizona. Looks great Nick. Didn't they just get a CRV or something not long ago?

Jeeps need tires with tread.

Sell those and buy these: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/wto/d/2016-jeep-17-rubicon-rock/6449508287.html
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Best interior color ever for Arizona. Looks great Nick. Didn't they just get a CRV or something not long ago?

Jeeps need tires with tread.

Sell those and buy these: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/wto/d/2016-jeep-17-rubicon-rock/6449508287.html
thumbsup2.gif

Yes they got the CRV for my grandmother but she recently passed away and it isn’t comfortable for long trips, also not 4x4.

Yeah it’ll need tires soon, we’ll figure out a set of All Terrains, I need to do some research.

I was actually looking into these as a diesel replacement for the X3 over the weekend, theyre such nice trucks now but theyre kinda scary with the reliability. I think theyre only slightly larger than my X, so Ill probably look to something bigger. Are those cars in high demand by you? They seem to be much cheaper by me in nj. Nice car!

Last edited:
Just got my wife a 2014 Grand Cherokee with all the bells and whistles.. This her 4th Grand Cherokee. The last was a 2004 that we has for 10 years. The difference in ride is huge. No more solid axles.she loves the Uconnect features. You will enjoy this.

Interior color combination is outstanding! My ideal interior setup, transmission lever looks pretty sci-fi, I like it!

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
, transmission lever looks pretty sci-fi, I like it!

Is that the electronic shift lever that confuses people and they put it in the wrong gear or not in park or something?

Sorry for your loss Nick.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
, transmission lever looks pretty sci-fi, I like it!

Is that the electronic shift lever that confuses people and they put it in the wrong gear or not in park or something?

Sorry for your loss Nick.
Yes it was recalled for the shifter, if you open the door it’ll shift itself into park (after the software update), I tried that today.

Here’s a link to the original window sticker. Over $44k!
shocked.gif

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJFBG8EC182165

Thanks for the window sticker link, got the one for my Cherokee.

On my KL (has a normal shifter), it'll put the ebrake on if you have the door open and drive forward. Super annoying if you're trying to jockey vehicles in the driveway.

Originally Posted By: earthbound
that's a great deal...but talk about residual value....dang...

About right, original buyer probably paid $40k and with 102k on it half of it's life is over. $18k is about where it should be.

This was also the lowest priced '13 or newer out of 400 units available in all of Phoenix.

Surprised OP was looking at '13 and newer not '14 and newer - 2014 got all the mid cycle enhancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back