FYI: 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee UConnect upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Anybody with a 2016 Grand Cherokee and UConnect 8.4, there's an update from the middle of last year that has shown up on the UConnect website:

UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.11.07_MY16

SERVICE BULLETIN ID: 08-046-17
RELEASE DATE: 2017-05-05

It's 1.5GB. I'm download it now.

Previous update was UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_16.33.29_MY16

Most owners were notified and sent a flash drive to do the update last September. Mine has been updated for several months now.

Originally Posted By: 757guy
Most owners were notified and sent a flash drive to do the update last September. Mine has been updated for several months now.

I definitely wasn't
21.gif

Be interesting to see how many folks on here were actually. What version were you on at the time?

We bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee three months ago. It kept prompting us to update Uconnect two weeks ago. We finally did, but I don't see any difference. We don't use the cell phone connect features.

Originally Posted By: chrly919
We bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee three months ago. It kept prompting us to update Uconnect two weeks ago. We finally did, but I don't see any difference. We don't use the cell phone connect features.

If you go into:

- Settings -> Display -> System Information

What version does it show?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
We love that setup in our RAM. We receive a flash drive in the mail and it takes care of itself...

Apparently we must not get those in Canada, because I've never received one for either vehicle and I've always had to periodically check the UConnect site for updates
21.gif

I didn't get a flash drive...
also the uconnect site was broken for months.. you would click download and it would just load a blank page.

However your post reminded me to try and its downloading a 1.2GB update from 9/15/17 for my 8.4AN in the 2017 cherokee.

FYI firefox is wonky on the uconnect site.. definitely recommend Chrome.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I didn't get a flash drive...
also the uconnect site was broken for months.. you would click download and it would just load a blank page.

However your post reminded me to try and its downloading a 1.2GB update from 9/15/17 for my 8.4AN in the 2017 cherokee.

FYI firefox is wonky on the uconnect site.. definitely recommend Chrome.

thumbsup2.gif

Why did mine update as I was driving around? I got a notice with release notes and if I had 15 mins or so click here to start the download and not turn the car off until instructed, then it said it was safe to turn the car off and it applied the update.

The interface changed a bit and the icons for heated seat/wheel/cooled seats that pops up when you first start the car changed to a little more modern look. The release notes that popped up on the screen said it added Siri and a couple other things.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Why did mine update as I was driving around? I got a notice with release notes and if I had 15 mins or so click here to start the download and not turn the car off until instructed, then it said it was safe to turn the car off and it applied the update.

The interface changed a bit and the icons for heated seat/wheel/cooled seats that pops up when you first start the car changed to a little more modern look. The release notes that popped up on the screen said it added Siri and a couple other things.

No idea why you got it OTA
21.gif
Is yours the same version as shown in the OP? I wonder if you had newer software that enabled this?

Mine did exactly this, wonder why yours isn't.
21.gif

Canada maybe? LOL!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Mine did exactly this, wonder why yours isn't.
21.gif

Canada maybe? LOL!
grin.gif

Must be, sorry Canucks!

W9J4Bhc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back