Which Glock Would You Buy Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a discount coupon to use on my next purchase and I have been toying with the idea of a G20 (have dies and brass), but also like the G34--not too sure about the G17L, G24, or G40 (just not so practical, but not out of the question).

Based upon the collection I have thus far (indicated with an "x"), which model would you consider next? All models in the list are G4 except the G30s (G3); my preference is G4 because I have no desire to purchase any of the other G3 or G5 models.

What say you?

pnrY00.jpg

I was thinking Glock 21 as well. Always room for another .45!

I've presently have a G17, 4 G19s, a G20 and a G23...

I really want to get the 3 10mm models. We can only have Gen 3 in California. I have a 17RTF2, a 22RTF2, and a OD Green 17 so I would like to expand the collection.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I really want to get the 3 10mm models. We can only have Gen 3 in California. I have a 17RTF2, a 22RTF2, and a OD Green 17 so I would like to expand the collection.

If you're limited to 10 rounds (is that the new number in Cali?) - you might as well make them the best rounds you can!

I would purchase the G20. I own one and love it. In addition to the Glock 20 being a 10mm, I have a Wolf conversion barrel in .40. Simple barrel change and you have the conversion, no different mag or anything. They also make a conversion barrel for the Glock 20 in .357sig.

So get the G20 and if you so desire you can get conversion barrels in .40 and .357 (I think the conversion barrels are around $100 each).

Originally Posted By: wormwood1978
I would purchase the G20. I own one and love it. In addition to the Glock 20 being a 10mm, I have a Wolf conversion barrel in .40. Simple barrel change and you have the conversion, no different mag or anything. They also make a conversion barrel for the Glock 20 in .357sig.

So get the G20 and if you so desire you can get conversion barrels in .40 and .357 (I think the conversion barrels are around $100 each).

Definitely this. The G20 can also run 9x25 Dillon if you want something super hot and powerful.

I think 10MM Auto will be making a big wave in the next few years so might as well get in early.

I would purchase the G20. I own one and love it. In addition to the Glock 20 being a 10mm, I have a Wolf conversion barrel in .40. Simple barrel change and you have the conversion, no different mag or anything. They also make a conversion barrel for the Glock 20 in .357sig. So get the G20 and if you so desire you can get conversion barrels in .40 and .357 (I think the conversion barrels are around $100 each).
I am leaning (ever so slightly) towards the G20. I already have a G23 and two G32's so I would not buy it just to convert to .40S&W or .357SIG at some point, but it is nice the option is there.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
I really like my G34. I find I get it back on target for the 2nd tap really well. YMMV.
This one also piques my interest...you guys are not making it easy. I may just have to grab the G34 and the G20
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I would purchase the G20. I own one and love it. In addition to the Glock 20 being a 10mm, I have a Wolf conversion barrel in .40. Simple barrel change and you have the conversion, no different mag or anything. They also make a conversion barrel for the Glock 20 in .357sig. So get the G20 and if you so desire you can get conversion barrels in .40 and .357 (I think the conversion barrels are around $100 each).
I am leaning (ever so slightly) towards the G20. I already have a G23 and two G32's so I would not buy it just to convert to .40S&W or .357SIG at some point, but it is nice the option is there.

I am an avowed 10mm/G20 fan... I’ve said so in this forum. 180gr JHP at over 1300FPS or 220gr hardcast at 1200 FPS yields about 700 ftlbs of energy. Great for defense against all sorts of predators...two-legged and four-legged...

For some reason, I thought you already had a 10mm...perhaps I was remembering something from another post...so, I retract my G21 recommendation, though it’s still a good recommendation, and suggest you consider the G20. It’s unique. Lots of .45s out there, but no 10mm pistols come close to the G20 for capacity.

Add that cartridge performance to the 15+1 of the G20, and you’ve got a winning combination. There is no better set-up if measuring the amount of energy x magazine capacity.

The only 10mm drawbacks are, 1. Typical ammunition loading is closer to .40 (the FBI load for 10mm) instead of full power and 2. Ammo costs more than .45.

So, shop very carefully...

I buy S&B 180gr 10 mm from SG Ammo, for about .30/round, shipped, and it’s loaded up to about 1150 FPS, so it yeilds about 550 ftlbs, making for decent practice ammo...when most of the ammo available is loaded to much lower velocity (and at much higher price).

http://www.sgammo.com/product/10mm-auto-...er-bellot-sb10a

To better handle the full power loads, I went with an aftermarket guide rod (Wolff) and slightly stiffer (18#? Might be 20#?) spring. Perceived recoil increased slightly, but the pistol is more consistent...I know that sounds odd, but it just feels better with full power ammo and the stronger recoil setup. Lower power ammo functions just fine, by the way, with the new guide rod and spring.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

I am an avowed 10mm/G20 fan... I’ve said so in this forum. 180gr JHP at over 1300FPS or 220gr hardcast at 1200 FPS yields about 700 ftlbs of energy. Great for defense against all sorts of predators...two-legged and four-legged...

For some reason, I thought you already had a 10mm...perhaps I was remembering something from another post...so, I retract my G21 recommendation, though it’s still a good recommendation, and suggest you consider the G20. It’s unique. Lots of .45s out there, but no 10mm pistols come close to the G20 for capacity.

Add that cartridge performance to the 15+1 of the G20, and you’ve got a winning combination. There is no better set-up if measuring the amount of energy x magazine capacity.

The only 10mm drawbacks are, 1. Typical ammunition loading is closer to .40 (the FBI load for 10mm) instead of full power and 2. Ammo costs more than .45.

So, shop very carefully...

I buy S&B 180gr 10 mm from SG Ammo, for about .30/round, shipped, and it’s loaded up to about 1150 FPS, so it yeilds about 550 ftlbs, making for decent practice ammo...when most of the ammo available is loaded to much lower velocity (and at much higher price).

http://www.sgammo.com/product/10mm-auto-...er-bellot-sb10a

To better handle the full power loads, I went with an aftermarket guide rod (Wolff) and slightly stiffer (18#? Might be 20#?) spring. Perceived recoil increased slightly, but the pistol is more consistent...I know that sounds odd, but it just feels better with full power ammo and the stronger recoil setup. Lower power ammo functions just fine, by the way, with the new guide rod and spring.
Thanks Astro--I handload so the options are infinite on the type/power etc. I have not held a G34 yet, but the G20 fits right with the G17/G22 family and the G22 that I have is a great shooter. I have never been a huge fan of .45ACP, though the G30s is a nice one. Decisions, decisions...

I'd vote for the G20 as well, possibly the G40, but only if you really had a need for it over the 20. I feel the ammo price is one of the bigger drawbacks of the cartridge at present, but you reload, so you're all set. It adds some breadth to your Glock collection too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

If you're limited to 10 rounds (is that the new number in Cali?) - you might as well make them the best rounds you can!

Yup, Gov. Moonbeam says 10 is the most we can have.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Glock 18 and 200.00 tax stamp from BATFE.

There are no civilian transferable Glock 18's on the market. They came out in 1987 shortly after the 1987 full auto ban was passed. Therefore can only be owned by law enforcement and the military.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Forget the gun, get a big dog.
Heh...I have two (Big dogs).

I just picked up my second Glock 19 Gen4 tonight.
Not a fan of the finger grooves but I get buy.
Was a killer deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back