2012 Ford fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2012 fusion that does not idle properly. It does not have any vacuum at PvP valve or any other vacuum lines. When at idlewhen it is warmed. Up yourself give it any gas it bogs dowm. Removed oxygen sensor I it does not bogs down .does this sounds like A catalytic converter?

Yes it does, but I would do more diagnostic work before spending that much money. Unplug the MAF sensor and see what happens. Just a guess.

There are also some recalls on the Fusions. Take yours to the dealer and have them fix the recalls; maybe they will uncover your true issue in the course of their work and you essentially get Ford to pay for the troubleshooting!
smile.gif

Just got back from Ford dealer claim there is nothing wrong can't explain no vacuum from PvP or why it runs better without 02 sensor think they are trying to not replace it under warranty since it only has 2000 miles left on emissions warranty. According to the there are no recalls on that vin

If you post up the last 8 of your VIN, or PM it to me, I can tell you if there are any open recalls.

As far as calling Ford corporate, they call us to ask about open recalls and if parts are available....

Originally Posted By: patfan
Just got back from Ford dealer claim there is nothing wrong can't explain no vacuum from PvP or why it runs better without 02 sensor think they are trying to not replace it under warranty since it only has 2000 miles left on emissions warranty. According to the there are no recalls on that vin

The emissions warranty on the catalytic at least goes way longer, 120-150k.

But you should persist, try different dealers.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: patfan

The emissions warranty on the catalytic at least goes way longer, 120-150k.

But you should persist, try different dealers.

Exactly , go to the next Ford dealer , and keep on untill you find one that will actually do something about your problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back