What is your fave? Bucket or bench seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a tough one. I'm a fan of buckets but now sorta want to put a bench back in my 51 pickup. Maybe a split bench is the perfect answer? LOL

I like a bucket seat however, I hate the new bolstered seats of many new cars today. I don't want to be held in so tightly as in a sports car. I much prefer to have a SUV seat in my sedan...wider & flatter. The bolsters bother my sciatic.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Buckench seats.

Best of both worlds.

Modern cars with floor shift automatics and enormous consoles make me claustrophobic. I like bench seat with column shift!

I once saw a bumper sticker that said the problem with bucket seats is that not everyone's bucket is the same size.

Bench seats suck if you are a tall person riding with a short driver. You get smashed up against the dash with the driver.

I have only had bench seats in my '76 Nova and I guess they were handy from cramming lots of people in the car...hated them otherwise, but it probably didn't help that they were red vinyl.
I have really liked the adjustable lumbar support in my last two cars and doubt I would be getting that in a bench seat...maybe I'm wrong??

I liked bench seats in high school when driving with a cute girl, haha.

I prefer bucket seats now though, much more comfortable.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I like a bucket seat however, I hate the new bolstered seats of many new cars today. I don't want to be held in so tightly as in a sports car. I much prefer to have a SUV seat in my sedan...wider & flatter. The bolsters bother my sciatic.

Wife and I really love the buckets in our 2017 Buick Regal GS, hug your body and are very comfortable for long drives.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I liked bench seats in high school when driving with a cute girl, haha.

As Archie and Edith would sing.... Those were the days!!!!!!!!

Bucket seats are slightly safer and better for sporting around, but don't let you fidget much. Bench seats are healthier for long trips - that's my preference.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Are there any cars nowadays that have bench seats?

I was going to ask the same question. Trucks maybe?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Are there any cars nowadays that have bench seats?

I was going to ask the same question. Trucks maybe?

My 2002 F-150 had the split bench seats and really was comfortable, even for long drives, more comfortable than the "bucket" seats in my wife's 2017 Explorer. They are fine for long drives but the split bench in the F-150 was REALLY fine
grin.gif

Whimsey

I miss the fully sprung bench seats. They were very comfortable for long drives. Now most seats have thin padding over a fixed seat pan for cushion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back