New VP Racing Consumer-grade oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like VP has a new line of oils. I don't have a lot of info yet, but aI have a local distributor who's VERY competitive with wholesale pricing and I think I may be switching to this in my shop. Thoughts??

Many years ago they blew out their street oil which were blended by Torco. I bought cases of the stuff. Very good oil. I wish them luck. BTW they are starting to open up gasoline stations. I have used their gas..they claim they have a super add pack (no surprise). First reaction was it smelled like gasoline from years gone by..but could just be my old nose. Anyway cars run fine on it.

Is your price in the $2.50/qt range for the synthetic Dexos1 product? If not I would keep looking.

I know that Warren oil sells their Lubrigold Dexos approved oil for around $4.99 a qt at Food City grocery stores in NC and southwest Va. On sale it is $3.99 a qt there at Food City. I would say there's a great possibility that Warren oil would be less than $2.50 a quart if they supplied you a 55 gallon barrel of it. I have run Lubrigold 5w30 in my car and it ran just fine on it. If you look up Warren oil Lubrigold on the PQIA site it looks really good. NOACK of 10%, plenty of additives which took remarkably similar to Pennzoil Platinum... Something you may consider here is getting their oils. Not far away from you as they have their plant in southern NC at Dunn.

FWIW, any other major brand of oil is also "street legal".
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Is your price in the $2.50/qt range for the synthetic Dexos1 product? If not I would keep looking.

The syn-blend stuff was ~$1.60/qt, and the full syn was around $2.40, and IIRC the Dexos-1 0W-20 & 5W-30 were in the ~$2.70/qt range. This was in the 6-gal boxes. I don't have the volume to justify buying drums yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back