IRON MAIDEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit growing up in the 80's I LOVED and LOVE IRON MAIDEN. Cool that Dickinson is a licensed pilot to boot. Never saw them in concert but dickinsons book is good as I'm halfway thru it.

Relaxing listening to some of their old stuff on cd brother burned for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Great band. I’ve seen them twice in recent years, both times in Charlotte, NC. I swear Dickinson doesn’t age. Sounds as good as ever.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Great band. I’ve seen them twice in recent years, both times in Charlotte, NC. I swear Dickinson doesn’t age. Sounds as good as ever.

Yeah, when I was in service I got their latest album in 2000

Originally Posted By: car51
Gotta admit growing up in the 80's I LOVED and LOVE IRON MAIDEN.

Me too.

Check out the "Flight 666" documentary if you haven't seen it. I used to catch it on VH1 Classic/MTV Classic, but it's probably available from the usual streaming places too.

It's funny how foolish a lot of the old metal songs seem now, even if they're still fun to listen to. Iron Maiden songs, though, seem like they were written by adults for adults. I guess a better way to say it is that they managed to write songs that appeal across age groups and even cultures.

I wonder if this is the very first "Iron Maiden"? Pretty sure this is a different band,from 1969:

Metelica (I wonder if this band's name had any influence?). I have this 45 in my collection,1973.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic

Me too.

Check out the "Flight 666" documentary if you haven't seen it. I used to catch it on VH1 Classic/MTV Classic, but it's probably available from the usual streaming places too.

It's funny how foolish a lot of the old metal songs seem now, even if they're still fun to listen to. Iron Maiden songs, though, seem like they were written by adults for adults. I guess a better way to say it is that they managed to write songs that appeal across age groups and even cultures.

To me iron maiden never gets old.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I wonder if this is the very first "Iron Maiden"? Pretty sure this is a different band,from 1969:

Metelica (I wonder if this band's name had any influence?). I have this 45 in my collection,1973.

Not same IRON MAIDEN as one I'm referencing released first album in 1981

Happy belated Birthday sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic

Me too.

To me iron maiden never gets old.

Not same IRON MAIDEN as one I'm referencing released first album in 1981

Happy belated Birthday sir
smile.gif

Thanks my brother!!
cheers3.gif

I saw them in concert several times (and lots of other great bands) in the 80's-90's. Fortunately I was a Motorcyclist back then, and had learned the value of earplugs while riding, so I always wore them at concerts, too. This reduced the SPL to a still moderately loud but non-damaging level.

I saw them in June. It was by far the best concert I’ve ever attended. The crowd was incredible; we were probably 12 people back from the barrier.

There used to be a bulletin board "ScreamforMe", otherwise known as the BDBB (Bruce Dickinson Bulletin Board).

Went away when it lost it's semi commercial backing. I was a mod on the board with two ladies, one in NW, and one in LA.

I got to meet them in real life, in 2010, and 2014 respectively.

Ultimate Metal boards also has a sub board "Maiden Downunder", we all got together for beers in Sydney on their second last tour to Oz.

Maiden is one band that brings all sorts of people together. A bunch of metal heads...a couple of nurses, turbine engineer, writer for a heavy metal mag, a doctor, a physicist, and a practicing occultist all sitting over beers before a Concert. Not this beer however
http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/

Dickinson is one of my heros.
World class fencer (that's how he does all that stage stuff)

Writer
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-search/title/lord-iffy-boatrace/author/bruce-dickinson/

Movie writer
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974536/

Cardiff Aviation - will service and refurb airliners, train you to fly one, organise leasing/finance, and is designing (and apparently has orders for from the US military) airships.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b...siness-12795708

How about a steam-punk airship cruise liner ?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/21/airlander-10-hybrid-airship-unveiled-bedfordshire

Pilot obviously (Flying Heavy Metal was a great series, putting various iconic planes through their paces, and landing a shuttle simulator).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5714748/

Seventh Son was their best album for decades...then Brave New World hit while the BDBB was us and in full swing. Was an amazing time to be alive.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I saw them in concert several times (and lots of other great bands) in the 80's-90's. Fortunately I was a Motorcyclist back then, and had learned the value of earplugs while riding, so I always wore them at concerts, too. This reduced the SPL to a still moderately loud but non-damaging level.

I saw Iron Maiden in concert (along with Anthrax) in 1991 in Charleston, WV. I was a teenager then ... I went to the concert with two friends, one of them being one of the biggest metal fans I've ever known.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Finally a good music thread
smile.gif

Yes sir. IRON MAIDEN rocks
smile.gif

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back