Best mac n cheese ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the way my grandmother used to make it. Baked in the oven and had a crispy cheesy crust on top when it was done. That's the ONLY way to make it!!
thumbsup2.gif

I just go to Wawa. Great mac n cheese there.

No in all seriousness, I need to try this. You can never have too much mac n cheese

"I just go to Wawa. Great mac n cheese there."

Hey, we knew you were kidding. You go to Wawa for the sushi and petit' fours.

To madriver: Do you add just the meat from the lobster or just throw 'em in whole?

If so, do they turn orange after boiling in mac & cheese?

Seriously, I was traveling in New England during the second of a pair of bumper crop years for lobster. People were throwing it at us.
I got a heaping bowl of lobster with a cheese sauce I didn't expect and was BLOWN AWAY by how well it tasted.

This is one of the things I never could eat. Haven't touched it since I was a child. Makes me want to gag.

Originally Posted By: Audios
We made Pancetta cauliflower mac and cheese last night, and ate the whole thing. Amazing comfort food.

Recipe? Sounds very good and a lot less carbs.
smile.gif

I almost never eat mac and cheese because my wife always cooks it from a box. She gets some organic stuff from Whole Foods and on the rare occasion I've tasted it, it tastes ok but not good enough. I'd rather just have more vegetables.

That said, I'm going to try this for sure. it looks awesome.

The frozen Stouffer's Mac and Cheese is good esp with a browned, crusty edges to it. Sure beats the stuff from a box. When the cheese isn't refrigerated, it's prob not good. Or if the cheese is in powder form, prob not good. Goes great with fish fries but I'm sure the recipe above is better. Looks like they have a new version out. Top with your own bread crumbs for extra flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back