Exterior window spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any architects here?

I want to add a 6ft room to the end of my home. The room would be 6 foot longer and go the depth of the room (20ft). Not my home, but in the pic below, i want to add the room to the lower level room on the right of the main structure.

Would i need to change window spacing at all? If so , how could i and keep it balanced with the left side lower structure( which on my house is a garage, door on the end).

I don't want to add a window, as the idea is it not to be apparent that its there from inside to outside. ( Hidden Room).

The rooms ( one is the garage on left) on each end of my house are 20ft x 20ft square.

Thoughts?

Harcourt_435_r766.jpg

Last edited:
I think if you start moving windows it will look unbalanced. I would vote for adding the room and leaving the windows alone.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Leave the existing windows where they are and have one on the extension to be in line with the rest of the house.

I could but then its a giveaway that there are 2 windows inside the house and 3 on the outside. The idea is for it to be a hidden gun room with a murphy door inside for access.

Well if it’s supposed to be a hidden gun room, windows would not be something you would want. Thieves usually enter on a far side window. Imagine their glee when they see guns.

No windows.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Well if it’s supposed to be a hidden gun room, windows would not be something you would want. Thieves usually enter on a far side window. Imagine their glee when they see guns.

No windows.

Exactly! So its leave the existing windows, move the exising windows but they won't match the other side. I'm thinking 6ft longer with the windows where they are , will not be noticable. Or change the window to a larger centered window on that end like the one below, but i still think it looks more unbalanced.

PLAN-3120-A-MODEL1.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
Get a dog instead. Is your wife going along with adding on a "gun room"?

I think you missed the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back