BMW- starting to see a bit of varnish (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow brethren
I took off the valve cover on my beemer and was blown away by how clean it is! However would u guys consider this the start of varnish? Would Techron take care of this lil bit of varnish? Or should I try zmax? Tig1 told me my 1k oci of Mobil 1 AP and Fram ultra bypass system is the reason my engine has remained this pristine. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

That sprocket on the right is pretty varnished up. Maybe a short oci with some Super Tech dinosaur juice,MMO,Sea Foam,and maybe a few bottles of Lucas thrown in to make up for the thinning effect of the MMO and Sea Foam. Idle the engine overnight while you're asleep,then wake up and shut her off to let her rest for a few minutes,then drive it like you stole it around the block a couple of times. This regiment should have all that varnish off asap.

I think it's really clean
wink.gif

Think I would put about 4 ounces of gasoline on the goo and light it up
Repeat until it is ash and then wipe it off with rags.
Few gallons of gas should take care of that problem

I'd pour some gasoline over the affected parts as it's a good solvent. Then light it on fire. Make sure insurance policy covers fire and theft first.

Last edited:
The rest of your engines that you've removed the valve covers on look about equal.

I say keep up with whatever it is you're doing!
http://www.pinsdaddy.com/engine-sludge_*5FIeWn6Fi*cl6E8%7Cdi1eJTkolCAGPJvCNrLkVqlV6g/

I wouldn't worry about that varnish. Close it back up and proceed to keep doing what you've been doing this whole time. It's definitely working out great. Tons of life left in that block...

I say you extend your OCIs a bit more if you're out of warranty. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back