How to Clean Inside of Your Car Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone else posted a similar video a while back. They don't show the valve cover off after the cleaning... I personally would never do that.

Customer took it in for a valve cover gasket leak. Totally awesome.
I guess one bottle of degreaser can't hurt it too much. It's already close to death.

I am scared of what I will find under the valve covers of my truck.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Customer took it in for a valve cover gasket leak. Totally awesome.
I guess one bottle of degreaser can't hurt it too much. It's already close to death.

I am scared of what I will find under the valve covers of my truck.

One bottle, followed by one jug of it.
smile.gif

Would have been nice to see if it cleaned anything by taking the v. covers off again.

I guess, if there were no other options and money was severely tight, then have at er, but not a chance I'd do that to any vehicle of mine. I even hate the thoughts of running engine flushes with the correct products, let alone running a household cleaner!
eek.gif

Again, cool to see engine dirt. I sampled may way through the video for a minute.

Sitting through 30 minutes of garbage cinema is something I cannot do.

I did like seeing the stuff drain.

Saw that video a while back. Would do 5 min idle flushes instead of that. But in a beater on its last leg, I guess nothIng to lose

He knew enough to say you MUST have some oil in with it.

I'd like to see a "cut and paste" of THAT oil filter!!!!!

I haven't seen it for 15 years or so but some dealers did interior cleaning of engines. They would drain the oil, then run a heated solvent through the engine while it was running on the lift for 5-15 minutes, drain it, refill with new oil. This was supposedly done to improve both performance and emissions especially if you failed. I had it done on a 1990 Honda Accord and noticed neither.

That stuff is very very powerful. I had iron stains on the tiles in my place due to some water problems and that basically got 80% of the deep stains out. CLR got nothing on it and it's from a dollar store lol

Its at Dollar Tree, Dollar General and Family Dollar.

Back when i had dump trucks it was my go to degreaser for the engine and suspension that would be caked with oil/grease/dirt that i had to clean to service or replace parts. Also it removed oil stains from concrete.

I would like to see a dirty piston soak like they have done with other products to see if its just as or more powerful..its dang good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back