2018 F-250 factory filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Saturday BITOG
smile.gif

Friend that hauls stopped yesterday in his gray 2018 F-250 6.2 gas regular cab truck. It's 4x4 also. Had 9k on factory oil and this affinia (wix) made filter. Put VALVOLINE WHITE BOTTLE 5W30 and FRAM/ULTRA filter that crosses to ph820 in and on.

Looks good to me
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Adam what would cause the metal end pleats seam to get wavy like that? I don't think its a problem I'm just curious.

I believe dlundblad said moisture from wintertime driving could cause it. I believe him
smile.gif

Why cant MOTORCRAFT have that company make their oil filters? I bet if they did and Purolator lost the contract they might then start making there filters better. My dad says theres nothing wrong with Pur. filters. I asked him then why havent you bought any lately. LOL.

Originally Posted By: CajunLariat
Why cant MOTORCRAFT have that company make their oil filters? I bet if they did and Purolator lost the contract they might then start making there filters better. My dad says theres nothing wrong with Pur. filters. I asked him then why havent you bought any lately. LOL.

PUROLATORS are total garbage. I must have CUT at least 100 and most of those were torn.

I'll stay far, far away from any Motorcraft and Purolator garbage

How long is he planning on running it with VWB? I'm assuming since you used an Ultra he is going to 9k again or will he do two changes on that filter.

Originally Posted By: car51

Me too! Thanks for the C&P.

Demarpaint: wonder why ford is going away from Champ Labs to WIX

I'm sure it was an accounting decision

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Too bad we can’t get the filter.

I'll bet it's the same Wix you get at Napa

Originally Posted By: Linctex

I'll bet you're right :^)

Most Purolators were torn? Like more than 50 of the 100 you cut? Really? Or are you exaggerating?

PUROLATORS are total garbage. I must have CUT at least 100 and most of those were torn.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex

I'll bet you're right :^)

Car51 - it is close but not quite.

The PH820XL filter has the thread end bypass and blended media. WIX 51372 has a dome end bypass and "Enhanced Cellulose" media. WIX 51372XP has a dome end bypass and full synthetic media with a polymer backing. The NAPA 1372 (Gold)is the same as WIX 51372. NAPA PFL 41372 (Platinum) is the same as WIX 51372XP.

Car51
Thanks for the effort. Wouldn’t the NAPA Gold 1372 be the aftermarket filter for that particular engine? If so, some of the C&P of the 1372 show a dome end bypass and this filter has the base end bypass.It would be nice to be able to get some of those factory filters.

Of course we know that some of the MC filters are very good. The ones I use(MC FL 910 and MC FL 2017) have checked out very well for me. Others not so much,as C&P have shown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back