H&K VP Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is their customer service ? For example I have a Ruger 22/45 with at least 75,000 round through it. I bought it in 2000 last year I stripped it and made a list of broken and worn parts. This pistol has been used and abused. Cleaned only when it is so filthy it quits working reliabily or soiled the clothes, yes I lube it often. I called Ruger to order the parts and Ruger had my name on their computer and said no charge it is covered by the warranty. S@W has been good as well I am not sure about Springfield, Dan Wesson or Colt as I have never has to use their customer service. CMMG for the 22 lr AR Upper has been stellar Warranty wise . Hard use guns do break and wear .

Have a VP9. It fits me, has a decent trigger, is a nice size, and digested 300 rounds of various types right out of the box with zero malfunctions.

Throw in the decent price and special offer for four free magazines, and I think it has been a pretty good deal.

BSW

Originally Posted By: bsmithwins
Have a VP9. It fits me, has a decent trigger, is a nice size, and digested 300 rounds of various types right out of the box with zero malfunctions.

Throw in the decent price and special offer for four free magazines, and I think it has been a pretty good deal.

BSW

What special offer?

Originally Posted By: bigj_16

What special offer?

They had a magazine rebate last year.

Originally Posted By: GMZ

What special offer?

They had a magazine rebate last year.

I think you had to buy a full size pistol by November of last year.

BSW

They are okay guns, but they are not as durable or as reliable as their other higher end guns. However, unlike those other guns, the VP9 has a good trigger right from the box. I know the early ones were a bit undersprung so if you get a used one and it has issues, slam a new recoil spring in it. Some had had the cocking ears break off as well.

I would probably go with a Walther PPQ over a VP9 to be honest.

ONE of the reasons I posted this question is that Davidson's has a pretty smokin' deal on this VP40 Tactical until tomorrow.
https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=M700040T-A5&&mfg=Heckler+%26+Koch&mdl=VP40&cat=All&type=Pistol%3a+Semi-Auto&cal=40SW&fin=&sit=&zipcode=80104

ONE of the reasons I posted this question is that Davidson's has a pretty smokin' deal on this VP40 Tactical until tomorrow.
https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=M700040T-A5&&mfg=Heckler+%26+Koch&mdl=VP40&cat=All&type=Pistol%3a+Semi-Auto&cal=40SW&fin=&sit=&zipcode=80104

That seems decent but the big distributors that sell direct, like CDNN, seem to have prices in that range or lower regularly. Or buy on gunbroker.com

BSW

That seems decent but the big distributors that sell direct, like CDNN, seem to have prices in that range or lower regularly. Or buy on gunbroker.com

BSW

Not really. I can get it for $585 out the door,tax,background everything from Davidson’s. The VP40 Tactical is a specific model of VP40. In addition, it is a seamless transaction.

40 S&W guns are easy to find cheap if you look around. The market demand for them has fallen off a cliff in the last two years. 9mm and 10mm is in vogue and the 40 S&W has turned into the red headead stepchild cartridge. I myself ditched all my 40 S&W guns and went to just 9mm and 45acp for my stuff. It is still very capable, so if you shoot it well, go for it.

Unless you have a ton of .40 ammo, and are invested in the caliber, avoid it.

If you dont currently own anything in .40, there is no reason to buy it.

Skip and get a 9MM.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I don't understand why they put threaded barrels on guns with standard non elevated sights. They're worthless once you attach any form of suppressor to it.

I suspect they sell nine out of 10 pistols with threaded barrels to people that are never going to put a suppressor on it.

BSW

I don't understand why they put threaded barrels on guns with standard non elevated sights. They're worthless once you attach any form of suppressor to it.

I suspect they sell nine out of 10 pistols with threaded barrels to people that are never going to put a suppressor on it.

BSW

If they have standard, non elevated sights, it will be 10 out of 10.

Lol... tacticool? Or perhaps swappable to a user's desires if they decide to add the functionality of the suppressor?

If they have standard, non elevated sights, it will be 10 out of 10.

What's this sights stuff ... point and shoot, spray and pray ... kool, man ...

more realistically, having never looked at a suppressor in real life, would a scope or reflex sight typically be tall enough?

Does anyone that has one want to comment?

I have the VP9 and I like it a lot. Price has been coming down a little bit even for us north of the border.

I wish the pedal mag release is a bit longer like the PPQ M1 but not a deal breaker since this is only a range toy for me for now. The shorter pedal release means I have to alter my grip when changing mag and I do use my index finger to hit it. If you have a larger hands it may not be a problem for you.

I should be picking this VP40 up Friday morning. There are several reasons I bought this. First of all, it is for my wife. The slide on VP's is easy to manipulate. The price(comes with 3 mags, also, and purchased another). The barrel. I don't care about the threaded part for accessories. It adds over a half an inch of barrel length. I wanted her to have a full size service pistol. The ergonomic variability of the grip is also a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back