Nice day for an oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
What went in at 7:45AM and some tools of the trade.
grin.gif

Let's be real, in Miami there are not too many days that are not good for an oil change. As opposed to here in NY where I would need to lay on some snow or ice and slide under vehicle. But I can get under all my vehicles with ramps. And I like to do final dipstick check with vehicle level on the ground.

Why but oil in QTs and not gallon or 5 Qt jugs.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Let's be real, in Miami there are not too many days that are not good for an oil change. As opposed to here in NY where I would need to lay on some snow or ice and slide under vehicle. But I can get under all my vehicles with ramps. And I like to do final dipstick check with vehicle level on the ground.

Why but oil in QTs and not gallon or 5 Qt jugs.

Probably cause the 5w40 isn't in 5qt jug yet. Least not at my autozones

Yeah, yesterday was a nice warm day to work on the car. My steering has been a little funky since putting tires on at Halloween. Found out one of the ball joints is toast. I guess the safety inspector missed that but struggled to inspect the brake shoes (he could not get the drum off).

First time using STP Euro 5w40 and as Car51 points out, it isn't available in 5qt jugs.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Love the wrench. Which carnival did you win it at? (only kidding but flame suit ON).

ps I'm SO looking forward to my next oil change.

Hahahaha! You got me Kira. Now every time i use it I'll get a chuckle. I think i bought it at Pep Boys.

Originally Posted By: wemay

Uh, oh... reading your post, I realized I may never do another oil change on my old 530i, as I am hoping to replace it with something newer this Spring. But who knows... I may still do one last oil change as a farewell gesture.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: wemay

Uh, oh... reading your post, I realized I may never do another oil change on my old 530i, as I am hoping to replace it with something newer this Spring. But who knows... I may still do one last oil change as a farewell gesture.
smile.gif

Hasn't she earned it QP?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I may still do one last oil change as a farewell gesture.
smile.gif

Don't assume the new owner will do it right away. Put the good stuff in there.
smile.gif

UH Oh now you have done it...

You can’t put Euro Oil in an Asian Car - thing will probably blow up tomorrow...
grin.gif
(joking of course)

Not really a nice day for an oil change here, but I do not really have any oil that needs changing, so that is good...

Last edited:
Not sure if you know, but Fram increased PSI strength to 300 in the 9688. Per, Motorking. Same filter on my Montero!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Not sure if you know, but Fram increased PSI strength to 300 in the 9688. Per, Motorking. Same filter on my Montero!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back