Have you cut the home phone cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of my bundle package with Directv I still have my home phone. I also had it with Comcast Triple Play. Call me old school but I just can't let my hone phone go!

Have not and probably will not. Wife does not like long conversations using a cell phone. Just her personal preference.

Still have it but b/c of "just old enough" kids home alone who might need to call us in emergency. Will port the number to a cell phone/ google voice when the time comes.

Gone when we bought our house ~2 years ago. Former owner took the number with her (immaterial, I know).

In upstate NY (Champlain Valley near Ticonderoga) they WANT you to cut the cord as reduced customer load makes maintenance cost too high.
A tree fell on a comm cable without breaking it and the phone company failed to respond to repeated calls for maintenance.
They'd want it to break/fail to induce people to cut the cord.

What a bunch of basic lies. They'll love saying good-bye to "basic budget service".

Yes and no. We got a Straight Talk Home phone that uses Verizon towers. The reception is excellent and we can still use all of our hand set phones. Unlimited long distance for $15. We have satellite internet, so an internet based phone isn't an option.

We ditched our land line many years ago. My Dad still has his land line and will not get rid of it. He says he has had his number since 1972 and doesn't want to give it up.

Home phone is VOIP now. We don't have cell/smart phones.

I am typing this on a Compaq RT-101 keyboard. Looks & works like new
56.gif

Still have it with Windstream only because it is bundles with internet.About $5.00 more per month internet and land line together is about $60.00 per month but at least half of that is fees and taxes and more fees. We do not have cable tv or dish. My wife likes it as a backup but we rarely use it except for calls to a few relatives. We have a call list and anyone not on it is blocked. 99% of incoming calls are from phone scammers our blocker bocks probably3 to 7 calls per day.

Originally Posted By: Richie
We ditched our land line many years ago. My Dad still has his land line and will not get rid of it. He says he has had his number since 1972 and doesn't want to give it up.

Does he know he can get that number transferred to his cell phone?

I kept mine using an Ooma Telo . I pay $4.25 a month for unlimited calling. Don`t use the home phone or cell phone much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back