Super Tech High Mileage 10W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought ST 10W30 high mileage for my 2003 Civic having oil issues.

Bottle says WNE at the bottom, is it made by Warren? Not really familiar with it, except a google search
smile.gif

Is it a synthetic blend and how does it compare to Valvoline HM? Difference is just $3 and I want to try something which can reduce consumption. Planning to add some MMO in the oil, as well as gas too.

Feel free to flame, educate or advice
thumbsup2.gif

Yes, it is made by Warren in some regions (Walmart uses different suppliers). They make a lot of private label/house brand oils
smile.gif

If you have not changed the oil yet - then add MMO to your current oil and drive for 100-500 miles. MMO will burn off, but before burning off it will clean the oil passages and oil rings. Then change your oil with SuperTech HM 10w30.
This procedure helped me reduce the oil consumption in my vehicle from 1qt/100miles to 1qt/5000miles.
After adding MMO to oil 100 miles before the oil change for the next few oil changes - oil consumption was cured. But I sold the car as it had bunch of other unrelated issues.

The current API SN oils at Dollar General and Dollar Tree have the Warren logo on the bottom of the bottle

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian
If you have not changed the oil yet - then add MMO to your current oil and drive for 100-500 miles. MMO will burn off, but before burning off it will clean the oil passages and oil rings. Then change your oil with SuperTech HM 10w30.
This procedure helped me reduce the oil consumption in my vehicle from 1qt/100miles to 1qt/5000miles.
After adding MMO to oil 100 miles before the oil change for the next few oil changes - oil consumption was cured. But I sold the car as it had bunch of other unrelated issues.

How much MMO? You never mentioned the amount to use.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

In my applications I add a quart of MMO.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

In my applications I add a quart of MMO.

Thanks, I added 0.5 quart to my crankcase, hoping it'll help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back