Other Wix equivalents (than Napa Gold)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if Wix makes any other filter, other than the Napa Gold, as their Wix equivalent. I realize that there are some filters out there (Microguard by Oreilly) that are the equivalent of the ProSelect or Napa Silver---I am asking specifically about the NG/Wix equivalent filter.

Are there any others out there?

Afaik other than noted Napa Gold, currently there is no other equivalent to the standard Wix labeled filter. If there is one, it will be the first time I've heard it. IME the Napa Gold form can be had for less cost, when on sale locally for significantly less than Wix labeled.

Walmart Supertech is basically a NAPA Gold but with a nitrile ADBV.

Supertech might be more comparable to a NAPA Silver or Pro Select; not sure which.

And of course Walmart won't be using Wix forever.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko

Supertech might be more comparable to a NAPA Silver or Pro Select; not sure which.

Pretty sure it's the latter, cheaper one. No way in heck would it be a Gold but obviously that's just logical speculation.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
... No way in heck would it be a Gold but obviously that's just logical speculation.

Correct. Napa Gold/(Wix) uses more efficient media, majority thread end bypass with silicone adbv.

SuperTech filters a Wix made for WM value/jobber tier filter. Less efficient media, some nitrile combo valves, some dome bypass with nitrile adbv. According to O'R published efficiency specs for MicroGard, same as the ST.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Napa Gold/(Wix) uses more efficient media ...

Are you a WIX "company rep" now sayjac? .... J/K.
smile.gif
I've got to rub in all this "company rep" TFH conspiracy bull going on.

And of course Walmart won't be using Wix forever.

No, The Supertech is NOT a NAPA Gold/Regular Wix filter.
Supertech filters are the same as NAPA Pro-Select and Oreilly Microgard (as well as a few others) filters.

CarQuest Blue filters used to be the regular Wix/NAPA Gold filters, but not for the past 2+ years (CQ are now Purolator made).

My dad (blueovalfitter) got a email from ROCKAUTO with clearence parts for his truck. There was a Wix xp oil filter for $3.14 and wiper blades for $1.36. And a fram air filter for $7.36. He bought the oil filter and 2 air filters. He bought the wiper blades for my truck. He said the air filter is for my truck to.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Supertech filters are the same as NAPA Pro-Select and Oreilly Microgard (as well as a few others) filters.

CarQuest Blue filters used to be the regular Wix/NAPA Gold filters, but not for the past 2+ years (CQ are now Purolator made).

The keyword being "basically." There's got to be something that the Walmart Supertech shares with the NAPA Gold. How about the baseplate inlet hole diameters? Maybe even the baseplate gasket dimensions?

There's got to be something that the Walmart Supertech shares with the NAPA Gold.

What makes you say that? Wix makes a cheaper line and most likely the Supertech filter is one of those.

The keyword being "basically." There's got to be something that the Walmart Supertech shares with the NAPA Gold. How about the baseplate inlet hole diameters? Maybe even the baseplate gasket dimensions?

So basically a Ford Festiva is about the same as a Ford Mustang because they may share a few parts or have similar measurements???

The Wix/NAPA Gold have different media, ADV, bypass valve type, can thickness and possibly different base plate filter and baseplate construction.
Aside from being made by Wix, that is all we can say is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back