How to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have this Civic, affected by well known issue of Honda Paint.

Was wondering, if there's a cheap way to fix and take care of it? Of course, if it's too much money I'll drive her to ground
smile.gif

So any thoughts or input?

Spray the whole thing with flat black primer after you lightly sand all the remaining clear coat off. Cheap & easy to do. Not gonna look the best but ---- it will work in a pinch.

Why not try sanding/smoothing out the paint/clear coat as much as you can, and then give it a nice Plasti-Dip treatment.

Cheap, durable (when done right), and decent looking.

Look up on YouTube how to cheap fix bad clearcoat. There’s a video on there showing a quick and dirty way to scuff it lightly and reshoot the clear. It’s not the approved method but you can bet your behind the dealers do old ones that way. In the video it looked pretty darned impressive to me, quite well suited to sprucing old cars up.. here it is I looked it up. Pretty impressive for being that *****

https://youtu.be/lbSIjsUeWZQ

You could sand the clear away, prime and shoot it with single stage urethane. If you do the sanding/priming you can find someone to shoot it cheap enough.
Depending on if you have a compressor and invest $100 or so you could easily shoot it in a home garage, it wont be perfect but you get it pretty darn good.

Stay tuned for a review of a mini/midi Euro made gun that uses low CFM air and is in the $100 price range. I just got the gun and am now waiting on a 1.2 needle and nozzle. It is said to be a real sleeper equal to guns costing 3x the price and is capable of spraying a full panel on a small car while saving lots of very expensive paint. I am going to find out.

Maaco will do a terrible masking job and reshoot it with any basic color for a few hundred bucks.

Originally Posted By: Richie
Sand it smooth and put a vinyl wrap on it.

Thanks, does anyone know between plastidip and vinyl wrap, which one would be cheaper?

Thank you.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I always thought it would be cool to glue pennies to the entire outside of a car.

Sample please?
laugh.gif

Seems like plasti dip is a cheapest option and very easy to do too?

Thanks for sharing videos folks. I'll go through them

If that's your beater, and you're planning on driving it into the ground. I'd say let it go. Who cares? Plus, ya'll can get some nasty winter weather where you're at and then you'd have to clean off all that salt and overspray stuff with a new paint job. I'd just keep it as is.

PlastiDip would be cheaper but the vinyl wrap would last longer

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: Richie
Sand it smooth and put a vinyl wrap on it.

Thanks, does anyone know between plastidip and vinyl wrap, which one would be cheaper?

Thank you.

Carbon fiber wrap looks good on the hood and roof of cars i've seen.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back