gift/B-day for wife ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BITOGers,

I need your advice.

Wife has kind of a tight ship on the family financials, but this year she's going a round number on years.

What would make a good gift/memorable day idea and how to make it happen without her seeing the expense on the statements?

I do not want to implicate family(SIL) or her circle of friends because, they kind of not have the same taste/ideas as her....

Much appreciated.

A certificate for a Spa treatment paid for with cash. They typically put in in a gift bag. There are various levels. Try get one that includes nails and a massage. Works wonders on their “attitude”.

SF

Originally Posted By: pandus13
What would make a good gift/memorable day idea and how to make it happen without her seeing the expense on the statements?

Do you mean something for free ?

Picnic in the park when the weather is nice? Doesn't cost much and it's not something people do regularly so it seems like a special outing.

Hello BITOGers,

I need your advice.

Wife has kind of a tight ship on the family financials, but this year she's going a round number on years.

I do not want to implicate family(SIL) or her circle of friends because, they kind of not have the same taste/ideas as her....

Much appreciated.

shop vacuum or socket set.

No personal credit card that you can use?

What do you mean by she runs a tight ship on financial?
Like she would be upset if you spent $50?
If so I think you should plan something for free, no sense in upsetting her.
Coupons with you offering to do things around the house that you don't like but she really wants done.

re: no personal credit card: she's the family statement checker
so I may have to dig up / slowly pile up some cash
re: cheap vacation : just come back from 1.5 weeks warm weather one.
re: vacuum cleaner + socket set : I wonder what a lawyer wife would have to said about....?
re: spa + massage : I would check the local chinese massage place. They're pretty good. I'm the dedicated family massager...
re: picnic/nice dinner: I suspect it may be a long winter.... I will try to dig up some dinner gift cards i had from work. Or find out what she crave.
re: opera/museum/events: If she's not tired.
If not I may have to do a 180 and plan for a kids full-day activity schedule just to give her some quiet time.
re: YMCA : she does not like the local place. I think she had more success with a local old-ish club we tried for 3 months.

Maybe rent a old style pinstripe suit with a vest and some flapper clothes, head to the Green Mill, and pretend to be Al Capone and his moll while you dance to some jazz? Believe he used to own the place...

My wife would hate spa or massage or museum.

Never heard of the Green Mill but my wife would love dressing up and going out for a night on the town. She also loves those interactive dinner theater shows.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
My wife would hate spa or massage or museum.

Never heard of the Green Mill but my wife would love dressing up and going out for a night on the town. She also loves those interactive dinner theater shows.

Turns out that one of Capone's men was a part owner of the Green Mill and Al used to hang around there.
I haven't been there in years, but it was an upscale jazz club with a nice atmosphere. If you've ever seen "A Family Thing" with Robert Duvall and James Earl Jones (where their characters find out that Duvall's dad had raped JEJ's mom and they were half brothers), the Green Mill is the club where a distraught Duvall goes and thoroughly ruins a black lady's birthday party.
My memory is that it was on the Far North Side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back