Keep getting the new car itch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and its been worse than ever lately with the new Accord out. I stopped by Honda today to check it out in person. I have to say when they first came out I was a bit indifferent toward they styling, but it grew on me and it looks SWEET in person. I was hoping they would have a manual 2.0 to test drive, but no luck. All they had were CVT's on the lot.

I turned around and hopped back in my paid off Accord and drove home, and hit v-tec a couple times on the way back for kicks and giggles haha. I may look again toward the end of the 10th gen production so they get their teething issues taken care of. Handsome looking car none the less.

Here is the link to the one I was looking at...
2018 Accord Sport

I hate this trend toward little 4 cylinder turbos. Looks like lots of the V6's are gone now. At least Mercedes brought one back in the new E-400.

A friend has a 2018 Accord Sport in gray, it's sweet. I'd rank it as one of my favorite Accords.

1. 1986-1989
2. 2018-
3. 2003-2007

The rest suck.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
A friend has a 2018 Accord Sport in gray, it's sweet. I'd rank it as one of my favorite Accords.

1. 1986-1989
2. 2018-
3. 2003-2007

The rest suck.

That is a bold statement.

I feel like the camry/avalon/accord etc make their cars too low to the ground now..i suppose its in an attempt to bring in new clientele. I dont need to worry about backing out of my drive on an angle so i dont scrape underneath the front bumper or under the car somewhere.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

1. 1986-1989
2. 2018-
3. 2003-2007

The rest suck.

That is a bold statement.

Just my opinion, I like those years...the rest I have zero interest in. Here's another opinion - midsize cars are for old ladies. Get something RWD
H72WS1z.gif

An old lady in a gold Accord bashed the side of my Jeep in
mad.gif
as I'm complaining at dinner to friends, they changed it to a Camry!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I keep getting the get my Toyota Corolla to 500K itch!

A fan of self torture?
lol.gif

The other day I saw a white 18 Accord in the wild and I must say that it looks much better in real life than in pictures or even videos.
Other than that though, my 06 Mazda is still holding up well, although it needs some TLC, which will be done in spring, I'm not interested in new vehicles, especially in the same class. Nothing new I drove recently really is all that great when it comes to driving dynamics and I don't care for big touchscreens and laggy infotainment systems.

A fan of self torture?
lol.gif

So far its been painless
crackmeup2.gif

A fan of self torture?
lol.gif

So far its been painless
crackmeup2.gif

You must be numb.

I've owned several Accords over the years - always been a fan. The most recent being a dark blue 2008 Accord EX-L with spoiler. Great car. When they introduced the 2018 model I felt really indifferent about it. They are starting to grow on me - maybe I should go see on in person. Only trouble is, I can't be trusted around a new car! There's always a high probability I will end up taking it home.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
I hate this trend toward little 4 cylinder turbos. Looks like lots of the V6's are gone now.

That's the kind of thing that is keeping my itch abated. If I want to "upgrade" my G37, a 370Z might be the only solution.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
I hate this trend toward little 4 cylinder turbos. Looks like lots of the V6's are gone now.

That's the kind of thing that is keeping my itch abated. If I want to "upgrade" my G37, a 370Z might be the only solution.
wink.gif

I can warm up to a 2.0T, anything less is only good for a two seater!

I hate this trend toward little 4 cylinder turbos. Looks like lots of the V6's are gone now. At least Mercedes brought one back in the new E-400.

Honda is apparently phasing out the problematic VCM.

OP/Garak: test drive a Camaro SS. If you ever do track days, get a 1LE. The thrill of driving will return. Get an American V8 while you can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back