Shipping from Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a record from an eBay seller in Malaysia. He was quick to get it in the mail and shipped,sent me tracking number,etc. Tracking history shows it arrived in New York,January 8th,12:44pm. It's now the 25th and AfterShip.com hasn't updated the tracking info,it's still showing that same date and time:

*Jan 08, 2018
12:44 pm
Item dispatched out ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)Malaysia Post - Registered
MPC PMIH (KLIA)*

AfterShip.com USPS tracking has been saying this for the past two days:

*USPS
+1 800-275-8777
PENDING
Please try again later, we are awaiting tracking info from the carrier.*

Anyone have experience getting packages shipped from other countries where this has taken place? Is the USPS sitting on my package for some reason?

17 days is a bit much for the package to make it from NY to TX after clearing customs.

If you track the item on the USPS website, does it show the same status?

FWIW, I mailed an item via USPS to some place in NYC recently and I think it was either lost or stolen. I don't have a lot of faith in USPS in that region of the country.

Is it not being held up at customs? They are usually the bottleneck in my experiences. Have you tried calling the toll free #?

Edit to add; Usually customs can be pretty quick but if the item is coming from certain countries on a list then expect delays. Malaysia may be on that list due to terrorist activity. Unfortunately, innocent packages get held up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Anyone have experience getting packages shipped from other countries where this has taken place?

Yup. I ordered a number of things from China last year. Some of it arrived in reasonable amount of time (less than a month). Other stuff took much longer. Record was 76 days. It sat in US customs for about 60 out of those 76 days.

Another package from Europe took about 65 days.

I know both of these were shipped using the cheapest possible fare, but still. All the hold up is on the US side of the trip.
frown.gif

Pretty sure USPS is overworked and understaffed these days, and they prioritize the more expensive shipment methods, as they should.

Guess, it's normal for something coming from Asia.

As long as it has made it to the US, hopefully it won't be lost
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

USPS website tracking says this:

*Status

Not Trackable
USPS Tracking® is unavailable for this product for MALAYSIA.*

*Status

Not Trackable

Sometimes I'll order some really cheap junk from eBay that ships from China, it can take over a month. Occasionally I'll forget I ordered it and I'll get a surprise when I go to the mailbox! Waiting on a $0.99 battery tester (includes shipping!
crazy2.gif
) that probably won't be here until March. Sometimes it works out great, other times it goes right in the trash.

*Status

Not Trackable

Well then where the heck is Aftership getting it's status from?

You might contact the seller and see if they can track it on their end -- they are also going to be interested that the item makes it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back