Are you tire brand loyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've bought 3 sets of Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires. That's a first for me.

I've bought a lot of Cooper tires lately. Especially impressed with the wet traction.

No more Michelin. After two sets, I still can't figure out the love affair with them.

My wife has them on her Civic EX-L from the factory and she cannot wait to dump them for some Continental Pure Contacts. She experiences a lot of hydroplaning with the Michelin's and they only have about 20K miles on them and they have been rotated every 5K miles.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I've bought 3 sets of Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires. That's a first for me.

I've bought a lot of Cooper tires lately. Especially impressed with the wet traction.

No more Michelin. After two sets, I still can't figure out the love affair with them.

I have bought Cooper tires for the most part because of the family run business and their excellent service for the last 35 years.

Originally Posted By: Richie
I used to only go for the best deals now seem to rely more on Continental brand tires

I used to get a lot of road vibrations on Continental tires at about 65-70 mph. Now I only buy Michelin tires.

I usually buy based off reviews, price comparison to other tires in the same category, and experiences people I know have had with the tires.

I've been really impressed with my Cooper AT3's.

I read lots of reviews, try to be open to try new tires. Problem is, tire tech keeps changing, so who's first changes year to year.

Been very happy with General RT43's for my cars. I think I'm on my fourth set and plan to keep buying. I think or two sets were even made in the USA.

Not really. I do seem to get Goodyear a lot, but seems I always find a good deal on them at tire time.
Basically name brand, meet or exceed vehicle specs, and best cost.
I have also had really good results with Discount Tire brand tires. Currently have a set on the truck (Pathfinder ATS that are basically Kumho SAT KL61 tires with a different sidewall name stamped on them).

I'm semi-loyal to Michelin, just because Costco has probably the best value out there. If not, I'll look at reviews and find a competent installer or make the drive to America's Tire.

My Toyota RAV4 cane with Michelin, when replaced I tried two other brands and the vehicle shook at high speed though the tires were balanced. This was immediately when I drove away from the tire store. Each time they took the tires off to check the balancing. When they put new Michelins on the vibration went away.

After looking at tires, for hours on line, I realized that what little money I could save getting a "deal", would end up with enough sweat equity to make it a wash. I don't buy tires often, but when I do, I go to Town Fair Tire.. When I asked the collective what was a good tire for a Camry? General RT 43s were highly recommended. Only had them 6 months when the car was totalled. So when I wanted a set of mounted snows for the SE, I went with Altimax Artics from TFT. We'll see how it works out in a yr or so when the summer tires need replacing. Tires are a component,of a larger service, that I want done right.

Originally Posted By: andyd
After looking at tires, for hours on line, I realized that what little money I could save getting a "deal", would end up with enough sweat equity to make it a wash. I don't buy tires often, but when I do, I go to Town Fair Tire.. When I asked the collective what was a good tire for a Camry? General RT 43s were highly recommended. Only had them 6 months when the car was totalled. So when I wanted a set of mounted snows for the SE, I went with Altimax Artics from TFT. We'll see how it works out in a yr or so when the summer tires need replacing. Tires are a component,of a larger service, that I want done right.

I used to go to Town Fair, pretty good deal if you need the alignment as that's free with a tire purchase. But they don't do lifetime balance which Costco does so, and depending on the tire, they also won't do road hazard. So I just got a set of Michelin's at Costco at their last sale, $70 off and 1 cent installation. I've been averaging one non repairable flat a year so I think it'll pay for itself.

I used to be a Goodyear fan, I was pretty happy with their Tripletred, but they don't really make a highly rated tire for Mercedes so it's either Michelin or Conti's for me. I usually just go with whatever the highly rated tire is on Tirerack depending on price and treadwear.

Not really. I just really don't like Goodyears. The RS-As I have had are loud. I have had F1s and GS-Cs on my F-bodies and did not care for those either.
I have had some Falkens that I really like. The Truck had some Hercules that were great. I have a set of Coopers on the Trans Am now. Pretty happy with those. I have used Bridgestones in the past that I really liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back