2015 Sportwagen TDI, Castrol LL03 5w30, 10K mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
No complaints with the Castrol Edge Professional LL03 (5w30 VW 507 spec) oil through 10K mile OCI.

X0L7M5H.png

Last edited:
Excellent report-is DPF and emissions intact or deleted? Generally speaking the lowest wear metals have observed in Diesel engines usually have deleted emissions.

Originally Posted By: spiderbypass
Excellent report-is DPF and emissions intact or deleted? Generally speaking the lowest wear metals have observed in Diesel engines usually have deleted emissions.

Everything is still intact. VW gives an 11-year/162,000 mile engine, fuel system, and emissions warranty on these fixed TDIs, so while it's very tempting to delete the DPF and DEF tank and block off the EGR, I just can't give up that whopper warranty yet. In addition, there is a Phase 2 of the dieselgate fix coming in 2018/19 that will provide a new DPF, Oxidation Catalyst, and SCR Converter compliments of VW. Once I make VW spend all that money, then maybe I'll do the deletes.
grin.gif

Here are the warranty details. Interesting read: VW DieselGate Warranty

Last edited:
I had a 2011 tdi golf and put 243000 on it before selling back. DPF failed before 75000 miles and they put new one on for free. I had multiple engine lights on by time sold it back-but car ran well-transmission was solid too. I followed used oil analysis of TDI cars and they usually had much higher wear numbers-regardless of 507.00 oil used on vehicle. I would not rush to delete anything if wear metals stay that low-would say they improved engine design. I now drive a 1993 Mercedes Diesel and fumes are noxious without more sophisticated emissions system. I also think VW will go above and beyond to fix things free based on scandal. I miss my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back