Rosacea - try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current test subjects, exactly 1

Just casting it out here, as it's an interesting observation.

Heading into summer, I was battling foot fungus, and jock itch. Not wanting to go "ballistic" with some of the more nasty treatments, I did a bit of investigation on what the fungus doesn't like, plus a bit of skin nutrition and created a concoction of over the shelf (supermarkt shelf no less) that cleared it all up in a bit over a week.

Aldi have a dandruff shampoo/conditioner that uses a zinc based treatment. Selsun blue uses Selenium (Oz is pretty selenium deficient in our poor soils)...so I mixed them 2:1. Washed the affected areas with to goop at the start of the shower, then stood out of the water while I brushed my teeth (always do THAT in the shower), then washed it off).

Workmate has been dealing with Rosacea for a long time, and was worried about developing a "Strawberry Nose", was trying whatever cream he was prescribed, but no avail.

Flipped him a half bottle of the brew with the same instructions...lather up, rub it into your face with your eyes closed, and stay out of the water long enough to brush your teeth/shave, whatever.

2 days his wife noticed a change. 4 days, workmates noticed a change.

Not intended as medical advice, and again, it's only over the shelf dandruf shampoos/Conditioners...first do no harm.

Dandruff shampoos are a really common and effective treatment for skin infections. Other really simple solutions are:

1) Soaking bath with dilute bleach (1/2 c. in bath water)
2) For athlete's foot, soak in diluted vinegar solution nightly.

I've had recuring athletes foots for many years...and now have toenail fungus. I've been using Vicks Vaporub - it killed the athletes foot straight away, the toenail fungus obviously will take a lot longer. Not sure if it's going to work, there has been a change, but I don't know if the change means it's dead or not. It will have to grow out, and I presume the toenail will still look damaged...maybe.

I wouldn't use Vicks on your crotch itch. Remembered a bad joke from a long time ago. Cartoon of a couple in bed, he's just turned the light on with a look of horror on his face, a jar of Vicks Vaporub in his hand...and a jar of Vaseline on the bedside table. The woman is screaming !

Interesting,

I rub dandruff shampoo on my excema straight up (no mixing required). I Leave it on for about 10 minutes while I tend to other tasks then I rinse it off. The active ingredient in my shampoo is 1% pyrithione zinc. In a couple of days the excema has pretty well run its course. Without the shampoo treatment it can linger for weeks, sometimes over a month.

Last edited:
I've seen antifreeze (ethylene glycol) claimed as an anti-athletes foot treatment. Also for wood rot. Investigated it as an antifungal preservative for wooden artefacts when I was working for the Scottish Underwater Archaeology Group, but didn't use it. (Used sucrose instead, which was a bit more experimental)

When I was in the jungle in the 70's crotch-rot was a common problem with GI's. The base PX had a product called Ting for curing this problem.
Ting acme in three forms. Soap, spray, and cream.
A week of the soap and spray treatment did not cure the problem for me, so I decided to go full out with the "cream" treatment.
MISTAKE!
I couldn't even get that stuff washed off of my privates in the shower.
I walked around bow-legged for about three days, but it cured my problem.
33.gif

Not sure if product is around anymore, but Mentholatum ointment worked for me way back 1977 when I caught it in basic training at Ft. Gordon Ga. Some guys used Zims ointment also. They were basically strong menthol mint type grease. Probably similar to Vicks. It would burn a bit at first but would get rid of jock rash, athletes foot almost overnight.

Originally Posted By: Youppi
Interesting,

I rub dandruff shampoo on my excema straight up (no mixing required). I Leave it on for about 10 minutes while I tend to other tasks then I rinse it off. The active ingredient in my shampoo is 1% pyrithione zinc. In a couple of days the excema has pretty well run its course. Without the shampoo treatment it can linger for weeks, sometimes over a month.

^ this.
a group member has used this with success.also, pure coconut oil, mixed with pure tea tree oil works well.google it to find out how much tea tree oil to use in the carrier oil.i was told a few years ago, that this works well on "jungle rot".

pure tea tree oil on toenail fungus works well, as well as pure vinegar, or vinegar/water soaking.

I saw MalWart selling brand X jock itch/athlete's foot cream tubes for $1 each, so I bought ten of them.
Will try Shannow's solution if those ever run out! Both issues became much less frequent when I eased out of biking a lot and ran instead...????

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
zinc is the cure,,,same stuff in baby diaper rash creme,,as high as 10 percent +,,it works

So SJ would be better than SN?

Not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back