UOA testing in Canada

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Can anyone suggest a UOA company in Canada?

SF

Overkill suggested, in this post, to purchase/get a kit from a heavy duty/diesel service center. I haven't looked into it yet, but I plan to as I think Overkill knows what he is talking about.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4620054/Re:_Blackstone_vs_Dyson_UOA_re#Post4620054

I want to get one done on my wife's 3.6 Impala and may also, for snickers, get one done on my 13 ram Hemi. I am unsure of the cost so that will likely be the deciding factor whether I get one done on the Ram or not?

Let us know what you find out if you dig into this a little further?
cheers3.gif

Dumb question, likely, but for those that don't have any place like this readily available to take/drop off your oil sample, what do they do to get it there?
Can these be shipped, somehow, in normal mail or do you need someone like Purolator, UPS, or the use of the Post Office to ship these? I am talking just in your home country as I believe shipping liquids across the border is not allowed?

Originally Posted By: irv
Dumb question, likely, but for those that don't have any place like this readily available to take/drop off your oil sample, what do they do to get it there?
Can these be shipped, somehow, in normal mail or do you need someone like Purolator, UPS, or the use of the Post Office to ship these? I am talking just in your home country as I believe shipping liquids across the border is not allowed?

I use BlackStone and ship Canada Post to the US and it's $8.31 Cdn dollars. I label it as a soap sample and no questions asked.:) Been doing this for 3 years now and have had no problems or lost samples.:)

I just spoke with the Lloydminster (Sask side) Cummins shop and they use ALS out of Edmonton. I just sent them an email for a cost break down.

Originally Posted By: A310
Originally Posted By: irv

I use BlackStone and ship Canada Post to the US and it's $8.31 Cdn dollars. I label it as a soap sample and no questions asked.:) Been doing this for 3 years now and have had no problems or lost samples.:)

That's a good idea!
crackmeup2.gif

The price is considerably less than what I was thinking also.

Thanks for the info.
cheers3.gif

I called the local New Holland dealer, they use a company called Fluid Life for their testing. Their kit is 27$. The service guys were out so parts gave me this info. They could not tell me what tests were included though. Even tried emailing the company but some error would not let me send.

Originally Posted By: BrianF
I called the local New Holland dealer, they use a company called Fluid Life for their testing. Their kit is 27$. The service guys were out so parts gave me this info. They could not tell me what tests were included though. Even tried emailing the company but some error would not let me send.

I have been using Fluid Life in Edmonton for about 20 years now, no complaints. There toll free number is 1-877 962 2400.
There basic (series 1) analysis not including TBN is about $22.00 not including the price of their sample container if you use theirs. I ship the sample through Canada Post in the container they provide, no questions asked.

I am still waiting to hear back from Fluidlife on their tests. ALS from Edmonton quoted me 216$ for their diesel package. They only sell them in a lot of 10 tests.

Originally Posted By: Jonzobot
I have used these guys in Calgary with good results:

http://www.metrotechsystems.ca/

I phoned them and plan to try them out. Case of 6 test bottles $18.00 CAN. Analysis $23 plus $2 for disposal. Heck, I could have got rid of them for free in the garbage can. 19 test points. Thanks for the lead. Note of the costs include mailing.

SF

So I have been emailing back and forth with ALS and got some more information:

BABXV10 Package. We would have to charge an additional $11 for TAN, so $227 for the one ten pack. Metals (by ICP), Viscosity @40C & 100C, Viscosity Index, Water by Crackle (if positive Karl Fischer), Acid OR Base Number, PQ Index, Fuel, Soot, Coolant.

Because they have been so easy to deal with and the prices seem fair I think I will go ahead with them within the next few months.

Toromont CAT kits are excellent in my experience, and there is no shipping charge. You can pick them up at any dealer that deals with CAT engines AFAIK. You can request TBN/TAN for no extra charge, which is also nice.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Toromont CAT kits are excellent in my experience, and there is no shipping charge. You can pick them up at any dealer that deals with CAT engines AFAIK. You can request TBN/TAN for no extra charge, which is also nice.

Good to know, there is a dealer about a 10 min drive away from me.

Back