Review of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather in my area is not being conducive for waxing the new vehicle so I decided to give it a quick wash and rinse and hit it with the Sonax BSD. Sorry, no pics.

The BSD is some great stuff. I lightly misted the panels one at a time and went over with a nice microfiber towel to spread and then buff. This stuff has some sealant properties as well as being a quick detailer. The temps were in the mid-40’s yet I had no issues spraying or wiping. Some say it comes out thick. I didn’t experience that. I believe Sonax reformulated the product in the last year or so.

The look after a light buffing by hand really impressed me for a less than 15 minute task. Shiny and clear. Of course, it started to rain just as I was finishing up. Afterwards the wife and I drove to the store. I watched the small water beads dance on the hood. The water repellent properties of BSD are widely known.

Another high recommendation. Sonax makes excellent products.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I am a fan of Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Will give this one a try when I need a quick result. Good night.

Interesting vid. I can't say anything scientific about it but the more/earlier a product causes sheeting, it's also carrying away surface dirt that much more/sooner. I see that as a good thing.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Good info, thanks. I've always preferred a product that sheets rather than beads.

I do as well but I won’t turn down a decent product that does the other. The SIO2 based refreshers seem to sheet more than bead. Perhaps in the future I’ll try them out.

I use Sonax BSD since 3 years and I'm really impressed by the results, and mostly by the longevity of this "simple" QW.
The BSD gives me a longevity of 2 months approximately. The beading is impressive.
The only drawback is that is not easy to use because the buffing is a little hard mostly when it's hot.

Here my car with only BSD on it

The beading after a heavy rain

I buy this 5L bottle (35€)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back