My 1300 cc engined car only gets 15 MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1999 Fiat Uno, it is carbureted and has a 1297 cc engine that loves to rev thanks to it´s dual barrel weber carburetor. Because of the way I drive it I´m getting 15 MPG, that is so funny for me. Isn´t that fuel consumption American V8 Truck territory?

Originally Posted By: Emanuel
I have a 1999 Fiat Uno, it is carbureted and has a 1297 cc engine that loves to rev thanks to it´s dual barrel weber carburetor. Because of the way I drive it I´m getting 15 MPG, that is so funny for me. Isn´t that fuel consumption American V8 Truck territory?

My 2008 F150 (4.6 liter) weighs 5200 lbs (2360 Kg) and gets 18.5-19 MPG

Depends on how and where it's driven. Is it sitting in traffic and driving around towns at low speeds and climbing hills?

Or is it going down the highway at 90 km/h in a straight line on flat ground?

Originally Posted By: Linctex

My 2008 F150 (4.6 liter) weighs 5200 lbs (2360 Kg) and gets 18.5-19 MPG

This car weights only 1850 lbs

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Depends on how and where it's driven. Is it sitting in traffic and driving around towns at low speeds and climbing hills?

Or is it going down the highway at 90 km/h in a straight line on flat ground?

Happy driving in traffic, this car is fun as [censored] it encourages you to drive it hard (although I don´t go beyond 4500 rpm normally)

I got worse mileage on my 998cc 400lb motorcycle
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
I also have a ~1300 cc engine that gets 15 MPG. :]
What car is it?

RX-8 in the sig

So true. I had a 2009 R3 for a little while. 17mpg on a good day. 16mpg was typical. That car will out handle almost anything else tho.

I don't see how a 1.3L Fiat Uno could physically use enough fuel to get 15 MPG, unless it is just sitting in traffic all day.
My 4.3L truck gets 13 MPG in mixed driving, and I can smell the raw fuel dumping out the exhaust. It's pretty worn out.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

So true. I had a 2009 R3 for a little while. 17mpg on a good day. 16mpg was typical. That car will out handle almost anything else tho.

Weird. I'm able to get 19 and sometimes 20-21mpg during my 22 mile highway sprint to work on my 2004 Mazda RX-8 with manual transmission. 69mph on cruise control the entire way.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My 2014 Mustang gets 14.9mpg, and that has been with me consistently driving to save gas.

I wonder why it does so bad. My wife has a 2010 3 valve and it gets 19-20 with 26 on a road trip. Have you changed the gearing?

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
What car is it?

RX-8 in the sig

This is crazy, my piston engine consumes as much gas as a rotatory

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Saw a ton of these when I was in South America. It's pretty much a Yugo!

I wouldn´t say it is a Yugo, it is more like a Fiat 128. The closest thing to my car in the United States is the Fiat X1/9, similar engine, transmission and suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back