What Castrol 0w20 does Mazda use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mazda's US oil supplier is Castrol. What 0w20 do they use? Is there a PDS?

I thought Idemitsu was their US oil supplier. I can see where some dealers may use Castrol though to save some green.

You’re right. Dealers in my area use Castrol. Just curious.

Castrol is the advertised oil sponsor. Dealerships will use whatever meets specs. Idemitsu is strictly a factory fill except for a few dealerships that do carry it.

They probably use the cheapest Castrol 0w20 that they make which would be Magnatec. Which holds up in the Ford Ecoboost engines with great UOA results up to 7k generally. In many ways this oil is preferable to their higher priced oils like Edge and Edge EP Gold Bottle as far as UOA results go.

Long story short, it's probably a very good product with little to be concerned about.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
They probably use the cheapest Castrol 0w20 that they make which would be Magnatec. Which holds up in the Ford Ecoboost engines with great UOA results up to 7k generally. In many ways this oil is preferable to their higher priced oils like Edge and Edge EP Gold Bottle as far as UOA results go.

Long story short, it's probably a very good product with little to be concerned about.

For sure I'm still kicking myself for not buying 5 Jugs of 5w-30 Magnatec when it was on sale for $15.88 before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back