Ever pay a ridiculous amount for event tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to look back at what I paid but I flew to Austin, TX to see the Australian V8 Supercars run at COTA back in 2013. It only got expensive when you included airfare, hotel, and rental car. Was totally worth it though.

Originally Posted By: 28oz
Sure have. Although, "ridiculous" is very relative to the person. Paid over $400 for my wife to take our youngest daughter to Cavalia's Odysseo horse show. For a horse-crazy 7 year old girl, I would have paid 3x that much to see that look of sheer joy and wonder in her eyes.

General Admission to Belmont is about $10.
You would have saved a fortune, and she would have still gotten to see all the pretty horses.

BC.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Are you a research analyst?

No. Do you have an answer?

ZZMAN: no, I never have and never will. Do you have stuff to beside posting crazy questions here? Just sayin

Sure. I have posted oil and car related questions and answer other people's posts. I also posted a VOA recently. Did ya see that?

Had some well to do family members in town last weekend that went to the Cavs/Thunder game. They bought two tickets for the game and said the price was exorbitant. And this coming from someone that has millions. So I'm guessing a good 1500 all in for two tickets to the game. Seats were in a good location. I just checked online prices and where they were located. I know when they go out to dinner at one of the best restaurants in the city they order the most expensive things on the menu......Surf and Turf.

Nope. Last summer I looked up tickets for Metallica and really wanted to go, got distracted and forgot to buy tickets.

Then a week before the show I was reminded on the radio they were coming to town and realized I didn't buy tickets, went online and they were 3-4x what they were originally. I passed, but really wanted to see them.

Oh well.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: 28oz
Sure have. Although, "ridiculous" is very relative to the person. Paid over $400 for my wife to take our youngest daughter to Cavalia's Odysseo horse show. For a horse-crazy 7 year old girl, I would have paid 3x that much to see that look of sheer joy and wonder in her eyes.

General Admission to Belmont is about $10.
You would have saved a fortune, and she would have still gotten to see all the pretty horses.

BC.

That may be, but I don't live anywhere near Belmont (airline/hotel tickets would far exceed this show's price). I'm sure she'd love that as well, however, a 2 minute horse race isn't the same as a 2-3 hour "Cirque Du Soleil" type show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back